Glastonbury ...

Started by bruno, June 25, 2017, 01:06:02 PM

bruno

That time of year again. Mostly uninteresting.
Switched on the TV on Friday and RadioHead were playing, and it left me cold - didn't really enjoy it, lasted about 15 minutes.

Ash then text'd me last night, the Foo Fighters are on! WOWZER, what a band. Not perfectly played, but tight as anything, they love playing the music and being in that band, that is evident! And what energy. I watched the whole set, and then got up in the morning and watched the whole thing again. The audience seemed to be having a blast - but mixed reviews this morning. Everyone has an opinion I guess, mine is that that was the best single performance I've ever seen at Glastonbury, and made me want to be there. Any other views - am confused by the bad reviews.

B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Oldrottenhead

Not saw much but the flaming lips where fab as ever.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Groundy

Watched RadioHead, Then switched off,  Rubbish....

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Johnny Robbo

Recorded Foo Fighters & watched it yesterday. A great set, I thought. Radiohead? Not my cup of tea, so I avoided their set altogether. My biggest gripe with all of these festivals, or the TV coverage at least, is that you get one song by the band (Jools Holland, for example) you want to see, then aeons of blethering by the presenters (I can't watch Lauren Laverne without a mute button). Then you're treated to the full set (no just one song) by some band you've never heard of or aren't remotely interested in, but who happen to be the current flavour of the month with the "bushy beard & skinny jeans" demographic.

And yes... I know I sound old  ;D
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Adobe Audition

"The English may not like music, but they absolutely love the noise it makes." Sir Thomas Beecham

http://www.jrguitar.co.uk http://johnrobsonmusic.co.uk

Oldrottenhead

i quite enjoyed radiohead, but can understand folk not liking them.

however i will not hear a bad word about Lauren Laverne, i drool at the sight and sound of her, she is both gorgeous and intelligent. Drooooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllllllll.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Mike_S

Quote from: Johnny Robbo on June 26, 2017, 02:36:13 AMThen you're treated to the full set (no just one song) by some band you've never heard of or aren't remotely interested in, but who happen to be the current flavour of the month with the "bushy beard & skinny jeans" demographic.

;D

I only caught a few snippits mainly on the BBC News... fair play to Barry Gibb seems like he can still do it. Nile Rogers and Chic seemed great.
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Flash Harry

Glaso is fab - you have to be there at least once in your life.

It's cramped, crowded, the toilets are legendary, the rain, the mud, camping with unwashed smelly people...

...all disappear within  hours of getting there. The atmosphere is wonderful, happy, friendly chilled, the music is fantastic, there is stuff there for everyone, loads of little interesting areas with odd goings on, loads of cider and loads of food.

I love it. I missed out on tickets this year. There's no festival next year, but 2019, I hope to be there.

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Hilary

One day I'm going to play at Glastonbury (in the comedy tent) . . . one day!
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

kenny mac

From what I can gather a lot of the high end current artists suffered from bad sound problems.
I've taped a load of it so I'll be filtering through it.

kenny mac

Watched the killers in the john peel tent.
My kinda concert,bouncing.
Branson flowers voice was a bit out there but think he got caught up in the energy.
The only thing I don't like about these bands is the way they put the session guy...in this case a guitarist behind the amps like he doesn't exist or matter