MET 2018 (May) On Lake Superior

Started by Rata-tat-tat, May 11, 2017, 09:00:45 PM

Rata-tat-tat

So... I've been enjoying all the MET's... based on what I've seen and heard... it's friggin awesome. I've ran this idea across a couple of folks I decided to put the wheels in motion. My good Viking friend in Minnesota has a resort on Lake Superior just outside of Duluth. It's 3rd or 4th generation family owned and is very tough to get a booking. 2 year waiting list. Anyhow he said he would open it up early to host an MET provided I can get enough folks to make it worthwhile. I was thinking we could even do some sort of concert for the community... he also has a BBQ vender to cater for the concert... what do y'all think? If you r interested please use this post. He said as of now he can house 21 people in cabins along the lakeside.

These pics are from the resort calendar... I just took pics with my phone. I'll get better ones down the road. I will PM anyone interested with all the pricing and info.

BTW after I told him about this MET idea... he told me that his cousin had a dream that Jimmy Hendrix would play a concert at his resort. THIS MUST HAPPEN!!!!

Here's a link to the Facebook page... for more pics/ testimonials & map.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Split-Rock-Cabins/116943441657146

I think this posting may just inspire a Gordon Lightfoot parody out of me!!!!
recorder
Tascam DP-02

thetworegs

I'm interested  ;D trying to work out if I can afford it

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Hook

Of course I'm interested...but I gotta get back from Norway & Finland 1st. Then I have to work alot and fugure out how to make the wife happy.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Rata-tat-tat

Cool... yes reg's I believe the cabins are under $100.00 US. I should be getting an email soon from him. Hooker... have fun buddy. When you figure out how to make the wife happy, please post for all the married folks... Bruno told me one of his secrets... always buy the same color of guitar. It's kinda hard to disguise a trip to Finn & Nor. Make sure my Viking buddies see this post.

I'm sure there will be a lot of perks.... lake tours that type of thing. We may have to help empty some fish out of nets... but it's a small price to pay.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

launched

Looks like this could be a lot of fun!

Quote from: Rata-tat-tat on May 11, 2017, 09:00:45 PMI think this posting may just inspire a Gordon Lightfoot parody out of me!!!!

Whenever I'm in rough seas or hear Lake Superior I always think of that song
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Geir

That would be awesome. You know me and Jarle lived in Superior for a year.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Rata-tat-tat

This has the makings of something EPIC!!!
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Hilary

Wow this looks bloody fantastic - even I'm tempted and I'm a bit of a recluse . . .
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

launched

Quote from: Hilary on May 13, 2017, 01:52:14 AMWow this looks bloody fantastic - even I'm tempted and I'm a bit of a recluse . . .

You gotta go!!!

Quote from: Geir on May 12, 2017, 12:00:19 PMThat would be awesome. You know me and Jarle lived in Superior for a year.

Were you cuttin' some wood or something - The lumberjack Alfsens ;D  Seriously, it would be a good time to come out!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

64Guitars

Quote from: launched on May 13, 2017, 02:27:54 PMWere you cuttin' some wood or something - The lumberjack Alfsens ;D

He was a lumberjack! And he was okay. He slept all night and he worked all day.

He chopped down trees. He wore...   
Click to view image which may be inappropriate in some situations (work, family, etc.)

Quote from: launched on May 13, 2017, 02:27:54 PMSeriously, it would be a good time to come out!

Looks like he already has.  ;)  ;D

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website