Chuck Berry dead at age 90

Started by 64Guitars, March 18, 2017, 04:22:32 PM

ODH

I came late to the whole rock'n'roll thing but I love Chuck's music and his influence reaches down through the decades

Quote from: Blooby on March 18, 2017, 11:55:57 PMInfluential in both rock and roll and golden showers.

Amen to that...
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Farrell Jackson

RIP Chuck Berry..........I never got see him perform although I had many opportunities. It's something I regret. The man had a big influence on many guitar players style (including mine). A real pioneer in rock and show! I guess we all hope to be rockin' until the age of 90......RIP Johnny B. Goode.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

launched

RIP to the man that had to be paid in cash - Would have loved to see him play live
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Redler

recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

kenny mac

As a performer he was an innovator .
We all played a bit of chuck at some point I think in our musical life's.

Farrell Jackson

Yes goodbye "Brown Eyed Handsome Man" RIP.

Here's a bit of Chuck Berry trivia. In Riverbank, a town 5 miles from Oakdale, there was a dance hall called The Riverbank Clubhouse. It operated from the 50's to the late 70's. It booked mostly country bands. It's where Merle played his first show. Anyway Chuck Berry played there in the early 60's. My son in law's mother, along with some other young teenie bobber girls, got invited over to a friends house where Chuck was hanging out before the show. They wanted to meet him and get some autographs. As told by her, she got a creepy feeling being around him. She said he was a bit too bold and suggestive with the young girls. I said to her "I always wondered why my son in law had such dark curly hair"  LOL! Luckily she's a good sport and got a good laugh out of my comment.

Chucky did like the young girls.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?