Anyone..?

Started by MrBud, March 08, 2017, 09:33:59 PM

MrBud

Anyone experienced in in having been approached re; Song licensing/publishing deals such as this,as trying to gauge if i'm being shafted,,or crafted,,,!
Any help appreciated,,,
Sincerely,
George.

'm contacting you in reference to the music submissions you sent Chris . Chris and the team are interested in moving forward in a licensing capacity & we'd love to find a home for you're music in our catalog.

I'm attaching a deal points memo for your consideration - let me know if this works for you all and we can move forward with the agreement, and get tracks ready to be pitched!

1 year initial term. During the term will have the Non -exclusive right to license the
songs on behalf of composer for use in TV, film, Digital Media and other media projects.
• Composer/Artist may also use his/her own personal contacts to pursue licensing opportunities on his/
her own without the involvement of  as long as no other third party licensing company
is involved in representing the same recordings.
• On placements that composer procures on his/her own, composer has the option to enlist Tha
 help in administering song licenses and negotiating license fees for an admin fee of 20%.
However, this is completely optional.
• This is not a "whole catalog" deal. In other words, only those songs mutually agreed upon by Tha
 and composer will be part of the agreement.
• For placements procured by  , all licensing fees will be split 50/50 (Tha
will receive 100% of the publisher's share of net revenue and composer receives 100% of writer's
share of net revenue).
• If composer is offered and accepts a publishing contract by a Major music publishing company during
the term of the agreement, the agreement will be immediately terminated, upon the composer's request.
Up And Adam

Groundy

Not heard this before George,
But it sounds like a Con to me,

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Johnny Robbo

The number of typos in their message you've pasted tends to suggest that it's a scam... it's pretty well documented that scammers deliberately put in bad grammar & mis-spellings as a filter to weed out anyone who isn't gullible enough for them to hoodwink.

For example:

"During the term will have the Non -exclusive right to license the
songs on behalf of composer for use in TV, film, Digital Media and other media projects."

Surely that SHOULD read:

"During the term WE will have the non-exclusive right to license the
songs on behalf of composer for use in TV, film, digital media and other media projects."

I know it's only subtle, but given that this is forming the basis of a legal agreement, you would expect it to have been gone through with a fine tooth comb by the company's legal dept. That fact that there are any errors at all suggest (to me, anyway) that it's not been put together by anyone reputable.

recorder
Audacity
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Adobe Audition

"The English may not like music, but they absolutely love the noise it makes." Sir Thomas Beecham

http://www.jrguitar.co.uk http://johnrobsonmusic.co.uk