First Post; Original song: The Rambler

Started by EWC, February 22, 2017, 11:30:49 PM

EWC

The Rambler
Time:
0:00
Volume:
New to the forum.  A buddy of mine (Blooby) is a regular and has been encouraging me to join and post up some things.  I've been playing music since early teen years, but just recently really got involved in setting up a home studio and recording some of my original ideas.  I'm mostly a guitar player, but I can find my way around other instruments enough that I am able to record whole songs with multiple instrument parts.  Used a mandolin on this one (never really played one before this) that belongs to Blooby (thanks again for letting me raid the equipment room),   Wish my vocals were better, but I'll keep at it.

This is one of about 10 songs I'm working on for a self-released album.  Would appreciate any constructive criticism.

Kenneth

Blooby was right.
That was one heck of a first post. Nice job on the mandolin and there is absolutely nothing wrong with your vocals.
Great post.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Oldrottenhead

Ditto Kenneth.

constructive criticism : don't beat yourself up over your voice, you have a distinctive voice and it's yours and it connected with this auld bugger over here in Scotland.

welcome aboard guid sur and a great song.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

chapperz66

What a great post.  Very well recorded and mixed and your vocals are great.  Full of character.  I wouldn't mind being able to sing that well!   ;)

Tell us how you recorded it - I'm always interested in all the nuts and bolts stuff.

Paul

thetworegs

You connected with this other old bugger over here in Yorkshire too .. "nowt wrong wi thee Voice" as they  say in these parts ... keep em coming !!

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Blooby

Didn't you promise a Mahavishnu Orchestra tune for your first post? Can't believe you finally joined and starting with a toe-tapped to boot. Great background vocals and production (I'm not sure where your concerns were as this is produced very well). Great mandolin break. You may raid the gear closet (house?) whenever you want.

I have a feeling you and Fenderbender will get along famously.

Blooby

Mach

Welcome EWC. This sounds great for your first post. You have a good set of instruments all mixed really well to my ear. I believe I'm hearing an accordion sound at times faintly in the background. Nice song and good production.

Mach
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Redler

Welcome to the site from Finland, EWC! Really nice first post!

Well sung and played! Cathcy country rock song!

I'm curious, which gear are you using on your recordings? Fine job, sounds very professional!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

launched

Incredible first post - You're a fantastic songwriter! Love the trot to this, great snare sound you have achieved and I think the vocals are spot on with those smooth southern harmonies.

You know how to make an entrance!

See you around,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Blooby

Just as a heads up, EWC was the other guitarist on the early electric band posts I used to do. That would've been the original Museum of Oddities when I had jams at the house.

Blooby