Butch "Freight Train" Trucks has died

Started by Blooby, January 25, 2017, 03:51:18 PM

Blooby

People familiar with me know of my boundless love for The Allman Brothers, a band who melded rock, country, folk, psychedelia, blues along with jazz-inspired improvisation. Can't think of many bands who can say that. Butch was one of the founding members and the first to die since Berry Oakley in 1971 and Duane a year prior.

Not to diminish the other talents who have passed in the last couple years, but this news has floored me exponentially. I've always said the difference between a good ABB show and a great one rested with Butch's drumming. Those nights when he would lock in during solos is what propelled the band to the transcendent heights I will always cherish. So very glad I found them at a formative time in my life and early enough to spend literally 100's of hours watching him perform live.

Blooby

Mach

Sad news indeed. I remember seeing them way back with Butch and Jaimoe complementing each other, first time I saw a band with 2 drummers onstage besides the Doobie Bros.

RIP Butch Trucks
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Groundy

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

launched

That's sad to hear, I just shook his hand a few months ago
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

BrettBob

As a fellow Peach Head, the news floored me as well.

It took me a month, but I wrote up a piece about the man (mostly for myself) and his music as best I could:

http://brettbob.blogspot.com/2017/02/butch-trucks-1947-2017.html

bruno

recorder
Boss BR-1600