heading off to the land of 10,000 frozen lakes!

Started by Hook, December 29, 2016, 05:25:26 AM

Hook

Quote from: Oldrottenhead on December 29, 2016, 04:02:44 PMAh grumpy old man country.
More stoic than grumpy.
Taking the kids sledding today. I grew up in VA so I'm not unfamiliar with  cold & snow but my kids are Floridians to the core. We will see how long they can stand it this morning. 19 degrees outside today.
Sled on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

kenny mac

Have a great time Hook and my thoughts are also with you on your  family on this day too.

Flash Harry

It's a poignant time Hook. Stoicism is what you need. A closing of a chapter in your book.

I revisit the site where my parents ashes are scattered from time to time, it's just off the track of a favourite walk, I visit their memory far more often.

Stoically.

I hope the kids enjoy the white slippy stuff. I hope you find a suitable fitting spot for your parents.

Sled on!
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

bruno

Stay strong brother, and enjoy the time with your family.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Hook

Snow tubing yesterday and skiing today. We are rocking this winter thing! My kids should get to see thier 1st real snow storm on Monday, calling for 3-4 inches. Spent some time with family I haven't seen in almost 20 years...good time so far.
Quote from: Flash Harry on December 30, 2016, 09:22:31 PMI revisit the site where my parents ashes are scattered from time to time, it's just off the track of a favourite walk, I visit their memory far more often.

My parents actually bought a grave plot in Minneapolis many years ago. When my Dad passed it was just too much for my mom to fulfill my dad's wishes, so now with her passing I can complete his plans.
Service is on Tuesday, I would imagine that will be hard but so far it's been really wonderful just to be here where they grew up, met & got married.
And seeing my kids skiing (pretty well for FL kids) has just made my day. I did pretty well myself until the last wipe out, flipping, rolling, Skis over my head, skis ripped of my feet and slid down the rest of the way bareback on the snow....it was cool.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Blooby

Sorry you are going through this, but it seems like you are creating some quite positive memories through this trip as well. I applaud you for that and your kiddos.

Miss you, brother.

Bruce

launched

Hope your sledding was good, I made it to Middletown NY tonight. We're going to get up reasonably early to finish the drive home. Glad I got a car for the ride back though, hate flying.

Frickin' cold up here...
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Hook

Today 16 degrees. Had service, did good, got drunk, celebrated.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

launched

Well you get to go back to warm weather soon - I did not want to go home I tell ya! As Bloody says, up here it's cold... so cold...
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Redler

It's -20 C (-4F) in this morning here. Time to melt freezer!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR