Where's Leigh gone?

Started by leighelse, November 26, 2016, 06:16:09 AM

leighelse

I may appear to have fallen off the edge of the planet, but I've not really deserted Songcrafters.

First we had two weeks holiday in the deep south of New Zealand; the Catlins, Stewart Island and West Otago. Now the madness they call work has ramped up again, and I'm commuting to the big smoke for the next six months to wrestle snakes in the alligator pit. I doubt there'll be much studio time until mid-2017.

However, I have bought a Casio WK3700 to enliven whatever free time the alligators allow me while I'm away from home, so there may be a few contributions along the way. And I'll get back onto the Originals board as soon as I can to keep in touch with what other Songcrafters are up to.
Dueling BR1600s. Beats banjos.

Groundy

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

launched

Nobody ever deserts SongCrafters, it's like a bad penny!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

kenny mac

Thanks for the update,always good to hear that other fellow songcrafters are ok,looking forward to the next recording when you get the space,this life is busy busy.😕

bruno

We all have to dip in and out every now and then - life is simply to busy, and this working for a living often gets in the way!
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Hook

Hope you enjoyed you holiday, sorry to hear about the workload. Being a "stupid American" I don't really follow much of your work description. We have many snakes and alligators here and I'm glad my work does not revolve around them. Perhaps this is a metaphor for the ct throat nature of the cooperate  world...also one I'm not familiar with.
Regardless...give them 90% and save 10%(at least) for music...they will never notice.
I checked out that workstation and it seems pretty cool. Can you plug a mic into it to record vocals?
Good luck Leigh?

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

leighelse

Quote from: Hook on November 27, 2016, 08:25:19 AMHope you enjoyed you holiday, sorry to hear about the workload. Being a "stupid American" I don't really follow much of your work description. We have many snakes and alligators here and I'm glad my work does not revolve around them. Perhaps this is a metaphor for the ct throat nature of the cooperate  world...also one I'm not familiar with.
Regardless...give them 90% and save 10%(at least) for music...they will never notice.
I checked out that workstation and it seems pretty cool. Can you plug a mic into it to record vocals?
Good luck Leigh?

Yes, the snakes and alligators are metaphorical, neither species exists in New Zealand. It's not that I dislike the work I do, but I'm often the firefighter of last resort for troubled corporate projects, so each one is an all-consuming effort. Plus I have ongoing clients whose modest demands aren't reduced when I take on short-term projects like this.

The WK3700 doesn't have a mic input, but the replacement model WK7600 does. It would be the better bet for that reason. But my purchase was a Black Friday special; a trade-in the shop wanted to quit quickly, and at the price I couldn't turn it down.

My WK3700 arrived this morning, absolutely filthy as if the previous owner had been eating off it! However, it cleaned up easily enough and it does sound fantastic: I wish it had line inputs so I could use it as a stereo while I'm away from home. However, my husband is unimpressed. He's requesting a GIGO agreement (gear in, gear out) and threatening on that basis to sell my existing electric piano since I've obviously bought its replacement.
Dueling BR1600s. Beats banjos.