recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Groundy

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Hook

I love this place. Every now and then I stick my foot in my mouth and worry that i might lose this little refuge that keeps my passion for music alive.
I joined in 2009 but had been communicating with 64 and other members (I assume) through the Boss yahoo group that was kinda absorbed by songcrafters. The advice I received from that yahoo group was vital in me learning to produce and create my current career, as humble as it might be.
When I joined I was still playing the local circuit  (covers-solo acoustic) 5-6 nights a week and only writing kids stuff. I also really didn't like the original layout of songcrafters, finding it hard to navigate and I really didn't have the time to share and listen. I was greeted very warmly  but dissappear quickly.
2 years later I was out of the clubs, still performing but not for adults. I started writing Hook stuff again and somehow found songcrafters again. It had gotten a facelift courtesy of 64 and was extremely easy to navigate and so freaking positive, something I had never seen in my internet lurking or my club performing really.
I've been hooked ever since. I value the members here, their experience, their willingness to share and encourage, collaborate and listen and the friendships I've cultivated. Like Pine, though for different reasons, most of my social life is right here. I have 4 kids and a very busy family. We home school and spend a great deal of time together as a family so having limited family/work free time makes this the perfect place for me. Hopefully I won't ever offend anyone too bad and have to dissappear...I apologize in advance.
Rock on friends!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Bluesberry

I haven't been too active in a while, Life's a bitch.  I haven't really been playing much guitar either.  Things are starting to slowly change.  My son, who is 14 and just started High school, has been taking an interest in all my musical gear that I have collected over the years.  I have set most of it up in our attic room and he has been playing on my bass, guitars, electric drum kit, piano, etc........it is starting to get interesting.  He plays a lot lately, since summer, just trying to learn how to play.  We sometimes jam together, him on drums, me on bass....him on bass, me on guitar, him on piano, me on guitar........etc..... real freeform stuff, just enjoying making music, and he is learning.  That's a lot of fun.  Its coming back slowly....................I am getting the bug to record something again.................And I am so grateful to have this site that I can come back to and jump back in when the muse strikes.  I went into a long drought, where I didn't have any desire to play, record music, etc...................hopefully I get back into it this winter.....and maybe record something with my son, that would be fun.......................stay tuned.

Long live Songcrafters.....my kind of folks.  

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Mike_S

This is a great little community guys. But yes it is going to ebb and flow as with everything in life, with busy times and quieter times. But I think there is a good amount of quality members who take part when they have the time.

I have been making music a bit less recently... as have been pretty busy with other stuff (work, friends), but Songcrafters will always be my first port of call for posting songs, listening to new member songs and having a peek at new forum posts. I have found the friendliness of the members, the quality of the music posted and the community spirit something to be treasured as it really is hard to find.

So great to hear it seems to be pretty active right now, but equally don't get alarmed if it goes quiet for a while as that is life I think and it will always be like this...
recorder
iPad GarageBand

alfstone

I LOVE SC!!!  :D

My only concern is that even if there are several hundreds of members, the names of those who post here are few dozens (more or less). And the average age of these ones is rather high. Few young musicians.

Probably this means that young people (in general) don't have much interest in home recording?

Alfredo (the one that does NOT play in the summer)  ;D

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra