Site back to life

Started by kenny mac, October 27, 2016, 05:13:12 AM

kenny mac

Recently I posted a note saying I was worried about the site and my fears of how slow and quiet it was.
This post got a lot of replys and I'm now happily amazed to see that it really has sprung back to life.
The stuff that's coming on has been rapid and quality guys.
There has been a lot of great collabs and an amazing input into the current festivals .
The input into other people's stuff from other songcrafters has been fantastic,we still have the odd one that comes in to grace us with their latest masterpiece as if we are the answer to them getting a major deal but we are always going to get that.
This message is basically to give a great big pat on the back to everyone for the great contributions,this site is like a part of your life that you drop into to see how your pals are getting on and see who's written and played what and who's collabing or meeting up.
It's one of the best ,friendliest sites online and I'm very proud to be involved in it.
I'm also very proud of the input all you people have launched at the site recently and for that I applaud you all.
Fly that songcrafter flag high people,your all an important part of it.

Mach

Really nice post Kenny. I became a member here back in the Summer of 2008 when Pedro was an Admin.
I just happened to stumble onto this great site after I purchased a used MBR and was looking for info.
I was clueless of how to use it as I have always used PC software to record. The first thing I remember
was how helpful everyone was to answer my questions. 64Guitars and ORH really helped me on my way
to using this little recording box and I want to thank them again for their expertise & hospitality.

There is so much talent on this site that produces music that is very good and much, much better than
what our radio stations have to offer now-a-days. Everyone here gives positive feedback or suggestions
that may help anyone's recording or arranging process in the world of home recording.

Quotewe still have the odd one that comes in

Well, I'm guilty of that and my oddness comes through in my music because I never stick to a formula,
signature sound or normality. I like to dabble in many different genres so my stuff is sometimes "odd."
Like I said I became a member back in '08 but rarely came around because of other life priorities that
kept me busy. I would lurk and listen but hardly log on. I have a lot of things I have recorded since 2008,
but never shared them here or at other sites where I have a membership.

I agree with you that this is one of the friendliest sites and I too am proud to be part of it.

Gary
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Pine

Quote from: kenny mac on October 27, 2016, 05:13:12 AMwe still have the odd one that comes in to grace us with their latest masterpiece as if we are the answer to them getting a major deal but we are always going to get that.

Can't be me 'cause i ain't never writ no masterpiece. No stars in my eyes at near 66..'ceptin' when the ol' woman cracks me upside the head with a fryin' pan....

Quote from: Mach on October 27, 2016, 05:52:35 AM
Quotewe still have the odd one that comes in
Well, I'm guilty of that and my oddness comes through in my music because I never stick to a formula,
signature sound or normality. I like to dabble in many different genres so my stuff is sometimes "odd."
Gary

Ditto that exactly for me Gary. My stuff is all over the map. I been here since the beginning I think..and before that at the old BR site. Great folks here and I can't count the number of times 64 has helped me out. The man is a genius. I feel bad sometimes for lurking but writing/playing music for me is mostly a seasonal endeavor. Too much other stuff going on with my rural/homestead lifestyle. I hope folks don't think poorly of me because of it. I haven't written/posted a new tune anywhere since April but today there is snow in the air and that means I hopefully will be able to begin to contribute more both as an artist and a fan of so many talented folks (you and Kenny being among them) on this site. My online musician friends are 99% of my entire social life these days.... but that's ok with me.

pine
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Flash Harry

This is one bit of cyberspace I'd miss. I've not been very active recently, I hope that will change before long. Keep writing, recording, posting and commenting guys and gals, it's your contributions that make this place the place it is

Thanks to everyone who contributes in whatever manner.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Oldrottenhead

I was here near the beginning. I think I was one of the first ten to sign up. I'm sure 64guitars will be able to tell me exactly. He was here before me I think. He has a wealth of knowledge and is a kind and wise man.

I hope Pedro comes in for a lurk every now and again to see how his little baby is doing. I thank him for his foresight and creation of this site and also for the ethos here, of support,helpfulness, and bloody good fun.

But back to 64guitars; we are indeed a lucky bunch indeed to have him here. For not just his technical abilities but also his judgement in steering our little ship.

Cuthbert also for his technical abilities and ability to spot problems before they even occur and being an all round good egg.

Flash harry for being a benign presence that rarely has to get off his fat arse for anything. 😀😀

I used to kill spammers but software does that now. So the rest of the guys just keep me in check, I love them all. And I don't think a day passes that I'm not here for a peek. Tho of late I have less and less time for music making.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

Quote from: Oldrottenhead on October 27, 2016, 09:53:41 AMI was here near the beginning. I think I was one of the first ten to sign up. I'm sure 64guitars will be able to tell me exactly. He was here before me I think. He has a wealth of knowledge and is a kind and wise man.

Actually, you joined 3 days before me. You were the 4th member to join.

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?action=mlist;sort=registered;start=0

Obviously, Pedro was first. Then came SickNote and blueviolet. SickNote only posted 11 messages and no songs. He hasn't logged in since January 20, 2009. blueviolet posted 4 messages (none of which were songs) and last logged in August 5, 2009. So you are the site's earliest member that's still around. The first song ever posted here was Pedro's "Life's Subtlety" which, unfortunately, he deleted later when he got worried about the space that mp3s were taking up on the server. If anyone has a copy of Pedro's song on their computer, please send it to me so I can restore it. It's an important part of the site's history that deserves to be restored. The second song was your "This Is The Day", which makes it the earliest surviving song post on the site. It was also the 7th topic created on the site and the 9th message. Currently, there are almost 26,000 topics and 315,000 messages.

I'm member #12, although I was the 10th member to join that's still registered. That's because a couple of spammers who registered before me were deleted. That's not unusual. The latest member to join is #7811, yet we currently have only 1,352 total members. That means that over 6,400 spammers have been deleted so far, plus a few troublemakers and some earlier members who deleted their own accounts.

Of the 5 members who joined between you and me, the last login was by Scorpios on November 30, 2015 (almost a year ago). The others haven't logged in for over 6 years. That makes you and me the earliest members who are still active on the site.

Quote from: Oldrottenhead on October 27, 2016, 09:53:41 AMI hope Pedro comes in for a lurk every now and again to see how his little baby is doing. I thank him for his foresight and creation of this site and also for the ethos here, of support,helpfulness, and bloody good fun.
Yes, all the things we love about Songcrafters are down to Pedro. He created the site and set the tone for this great community. Little has changed since he left. We've really only kept the site going pretty much as Pedro designed it. All I've done is polish it a bit and improve some technical issues with the players, jukeboxes, etc.

I hope Pedro is doing well and pops in for a look now and then. It would be great to hear from him.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Pine

Pedro started the site in Dec of 2007.
I joined in May of 2009.
Nowhere near the beginning. I stand corrected.
Seems i have forgotten most of the things i thought i remembered.
 ::)
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Redler

Quote from: kenny mac on October 27, 2016, 05:13:12 AMIt's one of the best ,friendliest sites online and I'm very proud to be involved in it.
I'm also very proud of the input all you people have launched at the site recently and for that I applaud you all.
Fly that songcrafter flag high people,your all an important part of it.

This could be from my pen! Totally agree with you!

I'd like to thank the administrator team! You are doing so important job!

Kari, member since April 24th 2008 (member #165). The first year I was mostly in the lurk mode, tho.
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

i got my micro br in dec 2007 forking hell and it's still alive, looks like a bar of soap tho, it's very very smooth unlike my wrinkly guid self.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Groundy

I joined in 2008 but was off the radar for a while, I think I was trying to fathom out my MBR,
Great post everyone and a great site,

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs