Just checking in

Started by Johnny Robbo, October 22, 2016, 05:45:40 AM

leighelse

I sometimes think life's journey is a bit like walking along an abandoned railway line. Sometimes we're on an embankment with views over the valleys below, sometimes we're in a deep cutting with no idea what's happening around us, and sometimes we have to walk through a tunnel that's dark and cold and seems never-ending.

I hope you and your wife are out of the tunnel and back into the sunshine very soon. Best wishes.
Dueling BR1600s. Beats banjos.

Mike_S

Johnny...

From my experiences in life I have seen that life can be very cruel. But importantly I have also seen that in the middle of very dark places that can seem overwhelming, there is always something better on the horizon. I think your wife will be better out of that workplace in the long run. There must be so many people in the same situation and spend many years living like that...

I hope you can sort things out soon...

Peace

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Hook

My thought are with you and your wife.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

IanR

Hi John,

I'm sorry to hear about you and Jackie. It seems that bullying and piss poor management are a sign of the times - but not excusable. I wrote a song about it a couple of years ago called I'm the man. It has a massive impact on the bullied and it also flows through to family and friends.

I hope you are both back on track very soon. You are one of my favourite Songcrafters, so I'll miss you if you are not around. But I know that your priorities will be with your family right now so don't worry about this place. We will be sending our positive energy to you and wishing you a quick return to happier times.

Ian

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Redler

My thoughts are with your family!

I wish all the best!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Groundy

My thoughts are with you Johnny, Here's hoping for a speedy recovery for Jackie, It never rains but it pours,
Take care pal, all the best      Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

kenny mac

Hi johnny,been away for a few days with no real reliable internet connection and just playing catch up and just seen this.
I'm so sorry about your cascade of bad luck,I know through our emails that things had hot tough for you but it just seems to be getting worse ,I hope you get a good turn of luck and stay positive mate as much as you can.
You wife will need all the positivity and love she can get at the moment from you and once you get a job as I'm sure you will,this cloud of bad news I'm sure will lift.
As jim said we can only send you our hopes and positivity from these emails but every bit of support and positivity will I'm sure give you some comfort and a push in the right direction.
The only way is up mate.
Can't for the life of me understand why someone with your talents is not in a gigging situation with a major solo artist or doing session work full time.
I suppose it's all down to being in the right place and the right time with this business.
Please tell your wife I am asking for her and I hope she gets well soon.
Chin up mate and the music will take care of itself when your back to normal,we ain't going anywhere  ;D ;D

Hilary

Oh I've just seen this too - I'm so sorry to hear about your troubles. I hope Jackie is better soon and that you find a solution to your financial issues.

Don't worry about the music, as Kenny said, it'll sort itself out when you are ready and we'll still be here.

xx

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

ODH

Just picking up on this.  That's some run of bad luck, Johnny.  Dreadful.

Quote from: leighelse on October 22, 2016, 02:45:00 PMI hope you and your wife are out of the tunnel and back into the sunshine very soon. Best wishes.

Well said.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Johnny Robbo

Thanks so much, everyone. I am really touched!

Just got a call from Jackie & she's coming home today so I'm going to pick her up shortly. I'll be glad to have my wifey home again. Still firing off job applications - did another dozen or so this morning. Just got to use a scatter gun approach... I only need one shot to hit the target.

Thanks once again for all the positive messages... it is easy to get disheartened and it's fantastic to get support like this from all my online pals.

Cheers everyone!
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Adobe Audition

"The English may not like music, but they absolutely love the noise it makes." Sir Thomas Beecham

http://www.jrguitar.co.uk http://johnrobsonmusic.co.uk