Just checking in

Started by Johnny Robbo, October 22, 2016, 05:45:40 AM

Johnny Robbo

Hi Chaps,

I haven't been around much of late so I thought I'd better just check in briefly. It's been a pretty momentous time lately. My wife has been forced to leave her job through health concerns (she had a nervous breakdown brought about by workplace bullying & piss poor management). Last time she was out of work, I was able to support us from my guitar lessons. However, my tuition business simply isn't paying the bills at the moment. Hence, I'm spending every waking hour tweaking my CV & chasing job applications.

Added to that, Jackie was rushed into hospital with a suspected heart attack a couple of weeks ago. Thankfully it wasn't as serious as that... a virus she'd picked up had caused an attack of SVT (Supra Ventricular Tachycardia) which gives the same symptoms as cardiac arrest but is much less serious. The doctors were able to stabilise her & send her home the same day.

Then, a couple of days after she got home, she started having back pains & there was a swelling at the base of her spine. It turns out that the virus had also caused an abscess which was pressing on her sciatic nerve. Anyway... back into hospital last Monday for an operation to drain the abscess. She was well on the way to recovery when she contracted an E coli infection in the hospital which knocked her back again. She's in good spirits though & should be home next week sometime... hopefully.

Despite the fact that we have a brand new, state of the art hospital about 20 minutes from our house, for administrative reasons, she had to be taken into a hospital which is about an hour away by bus.

At the moment, I'm either doing lessons, or trying to drum up business, or filling out job applications, or going to interviews, or visiting Jackie in hospital. Hence the fact that I'm barely touching the guitar to do anything creative or fun. I hope to be back in the saddle again sometime soon & look forward to hanging out on SC more often once again.

See you all again soon, chaps :)

Cheers,

John.
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Adobe Audition

"The English may not like music, but they absolutely love the noise it makes." Sir Thomas Beecham

http://www.jrguitar.co.uk http://johnrobsonmusic.co.uk

alfstone

I can only wish you and your wife all the best.

Hard times and good times don't last forever.

Alfredo

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

Mach

Hi John,

Wishing you and your wife all the best through these trying times.

Hang in there.

Mach
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

thetworegs

Hi John Hope Jackies feeling better soon and you find that job and get back on your feet sooner rather than later.

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Blooby

Horrible news. Hope all turns around quickly. All my best to you and your wife.

Bruce

Pete C

Sorry to hear you're going through a bad time Johnny.  Hope things soon turn around for the better for you both.

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Oh dear John, when you're down life has a way of giving you a kick while you're down there. My wife also had a breakdown about four years ago and is still very fragile at times. That problem would be enough on its own but Jackies physical probs compound the troubles. We can only wish you both happier times and and hope they come sooner rather than later.  Kindest regards Willie and Sheila
recorder
Boss BR-800

Oldrottenhead

Hi Johnny,
I am sure you and Jackie will get through this, unfortunately we can only offer you virtual support, however their is a wealth of talent at this site (I am not referring to their musical talent, that is a given,) that can provide good advice, guidance amongst many other things. You know where we are.
My thoughts are with you and yours.
James
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Jarle

I wish you all the best. Take care
recorder
Boss BR-800

cuthbert

Sorry to hear this news, Johnny. Hang in there,  and I hope your missus has a speedy and complete recovery.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase