transferring tapes to digital

Started by Black Mary, October 18, 2016, 06:58:43 PM

Black Mary

PHEW !!!!!! Managed to digitize all me cassettes from my Tascam144 to pc before it died. It was squeakin & about to chew, but I supervised it & stepped in with the isopropol alcohol & made it  ;D
kingliggermusic

leighelse

Well done you. That can be a big job. I have a suitcase full of cassettes in the garage, but I think I've given up on transcribing any more. I have mixed feelings about that, but perhaps some history belongs in the past.
Dueling BR1600s. Beats banjos.

Groundy

I bought a machine some years ago that does the job. tape to digital, but I have never used it. I keep it just in case I need to play the odd tape,
Good job done BM...

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Mach

I have some older recordings that I did a transfer to digital a while back. Some from 2'' tape out of a studio and some from a small 4 track cassette. The cassette ones sounds a bit wobbly like a low sample and bit rate 22.5 @ 8 bit so I tried to enhance it, but you can only do so much. The studio 2'' tapes were not recorded very well in my IMO as we had a bad engineer at the helm. They're not bad, but could of been better. Has to do a little work on them too.
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hook

I bought a cheap cassette converter for OldSchoolFest, boy it sounded like crap! Bravo on your conversion, one day 20 years ago I through all tape cassettes away...a little too prematurely I might add.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Oldrottenhead

I managed to digitise all my old stuff on my fostex four track before it bit the dust. I have them saved somewhere, no idea where tho. 😩 And I wish I had mastered them to my microbr or br800 rather than my old pic. I must search for them through my numerous hard drives and back up discs.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

kenny mac

All my old stuff had that much hiss it sounded like I was playing next to a deflating tractor tyre  :'( :'( :'(

Groundy

Quote from: kenny mac on October 19, 2016, 06:57:57 PMAll my old stuff had that much hiss it sounded like I was playing next to a deflating tractor tyre  :'( :'( :'(
;D ;D ;D

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Redler

In 1984 our band had a gig and it was recorded. We got a copy of the tape but 'naturally' we lost it. I just remember the quality was good. We played well!!

Thirty years later we were lucky! The guy who had recorded the gig, still had the original tape! But, it was disappointment, we didn't play well and the quality was poor! Anyway, I put it onto Sony Walkman and connected it onto pc and recorded it on Audacity. Haven't listened to it much...
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR