Hurricane Matthew

Started by Mach, October 04, 2016, 05:24:21 AM

Lurker

Mach just beat me to the punch with that graphic.  Freeport on Grand Bahama had a direct hit yesterday.  Looks like they may be in for more.

We're getting some outer bands here in Gainesville.  It's windy and rainy, but nothing like the coast.

Stay above the water, Mach.  You don't want it to dilute the good stuff.

Hook

Good luck Mach, the more you drink the cooler the leak will seem. Log on and let us know the moment the power goes out ;)
Just some wind and rain here as I sit in my kids dentist office. I heard
Disney is closing...I bet the surfers are rushing out to beach. Hope you  other Floridians keep dry!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

bruno

Holy moly. Stay safe my brothers - the shear size and scale is scary.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Mach

Power went out at 9:00 am just as I finished cooking breakfast. Baconfest/Octoberfest is on. Crock pot has been on all night simmering a slab of ribs, BBQ beans & saugage. We have Chinese food from one of our drug reps at work. Plenty of other goodies too. As I was typing this the power came back on. That is a great excuse to start drinking early.
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Blooby

John (Lurker) and I by the red dot, not nearly as in the thick of things as Mach. Peak is still a few hours away for all of us. Mach, must grab a beer one of these days.

Blooby

Mike_S

Hope all is ok guys... thoughts with you...

Little drink of whiskey seems like a good idea to me... and maybe you could strum a few chords to take your mind off the chaos??

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Mach

The rain has pretty much calmed down with scattered downpours that last for a few minutes then just stops.
I wish I had a speed gun to check the wind gust though. I was outside a few minutes ago and the trees looked like they would fly away when those big gust came through. I took a drive around the neighborhood and out to the main road and didn't see a lot of debris either.

We just have some standing water, not flooding like in other parts of the city and beach. We still have a few more hours of whirlwinds. Now I just have to get on the roof tomorrow and check the damage. The kitchen ceiling has some dripping in three different places from the limb falling. It's probably just one spot where it runs to different areas.

This was a Cat. 3 then downgraded to a high Cat. 2. I'm surprised there wasn't more damage with a storm of that strength. The neighbors across the street have a tree that came down and bent the gutters a little. The news has reported that surge waters are already receding. We got lucky on this one. Now we just wait to see what it does as it spins back around toward us in the Ocean.

Blooby, Lurker, Hook and anyone else I missed that lives here, I hope all is well with you guys.
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Lurker

I've done a survey of our immediate area, and it all looks good.  We never lost power.  It looks like we got worse from Hermine.  I haven't been around town, but the news outlets say our county fared well.

Our friends from Jax have been interested in the reports from Mach.  They live in riverside.  The reports there are positive.  Jax Beach is pretty bad.  They are not letting anyone back yet.  I have a friend down in Cocoa Beach, near Cape Canaveral, who is relieved that his condo is still standing.  Our friends from St. Augustine are dreading their return.  They live just outside of town in a low area.

I hope the roof damage isn't too bad, Mach.  We're glad you're still there.

bruno

Hopefully everyone has dodged the bullet on this one. Seeing the vid's, it really looked quite frightening. We never really get those extreme weather events in the UK, at least, not very often.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Blooby

The photos from St. Augustine and Flagler Beach are unsettling. I am glad the Songcrafters are all safe. Good luck with the house, Mach.

FYI, I have been looking at this site: https://weather.com/news/news/hurricane-matthew-florida

Blooby