Problems with Firefox on Windows 10

Started by bruno, May 01, 2016, 01:11:09 AM

bruno

Windows 10 is pretty shite - it has to be said. However, a couple of weeks back, I could no longer log into songcrafters using firefox. I can on the same machine login using Edge and also IE, but Firefox no. I figured that there must have been a duff patch, and it would get fixed in due course, but not as yet! Has anyone else had this issue? It appears to hand on login??? I prefer firefox 'cos it simply works better.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

bruno

Manually upgraded firefox - now get a SC error, please check your cookie settings ??????
Have cleared the cache and password cache - still no joy!

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Oldrottenhead

i have never had any problems with firefox on windows ten. what version are you on
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

Quote from: bruno on May 01, 2016, 01:35:13 AMManually upgraded firefox - now get a SC error, please check your cookie settings ??????

Are cookies disabled in Firefox? You need to allow them for Songcrafters as the forum software (SMF) sets two cookies.

Go into Firefox's Preferences and select the Privacy tab. Under "History", set the "Firefox will:" drop-down list to "Use custom settings for history". If you want to disable cookies on most sites (recommended), un-check "Accept cookies from sites". Then click the "Exceptions" button, type in "https://songcrafters.org" (without the quotes), and click the "Allow" button. Finally, click the "Save Changes" button.

If that doesn't solve the problem, try this. Go back into the Privacy tab in Preferences and click "Show Cookies...". Delete the entry for "songcrafters.org". Now try logging in again. If that works, it probably means that something about the previously-stored cookies wasn't compatible with the browser version you're now using. When you logged in, it created new cookies using the new browser, so the browser should have no trouble accessing them in future.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

bruno

Quote from: 64Guitars on May 01, 2016, 02:43:18 PM
Quote from: bruno on May 01, 2016, 01:35:13 AMManually upgraded firefox - now get a SC error, please check your cookie settings ??????

Are cookies disabled in Firefox? You need to allow them for Songcrafters as the forum software (SMF) sets two cookies.

Go into Firefox's Preferences and select the Privacy tab. Under "History", set the "Firefox will:" drop-down list to "Use custom settings for history". If you want to disable cookies on most sites (recommended), un-check "Accept cookies from sites". Then click the "Exceptions" button, type in "https://songcrafters.org" (without the quotes), and click the "Allow" button. Finally, click the "Save Changes" button.

If that doesn't solve the problem, try this. Go back into the Privacy tab in Preferences and click "Show Cookies...". Delete the entry for "songcrafters.org". Now try logging in again. If that works, it probably means that something about the previously-stored cookies wasn't compatible with the browser version you're now using. When you logged in, it created new cookies using the new browser, so the browser should have no trouble accessing them in future.

Second one worked - I deleted all the songcrafter cookies and it works fine now. Cheers 64.
NB on Firefox version 46.0
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600