Introducing The 1st ever Alvaration Idea Barition Ukulele

Started by Hook, April 25, 2016, 04:53:38 PM

Hook

Hopefully my mid-life crisis is coming to a end here with this Frankenstein Ukulele. It's an Alvarez Barition Ukulele ( my Hilo one just wouldn't have made it through the cutting) with the Ovation Idea (built in MP3 recorded & condenser mic) pre amp installed. I also had soprano tuned Baritone strings put on it for that standard uke sound with the mellowness from the bigger body.
I just did my first recording this evening in the driveway, "This Abyss",  I'll post it tonight.
After messing around with the Ovation Idea guitar I did discover a recording level for the pick up volume so that fixes the clipping issue once I figure out where to set it. Some level indicator would have been nice but oh well.
I've already started writing songs for my new Kids CD and I do think this new uke & the guitar will prove to be great tools for my writing.
As you can see from the pics, it's not a great fit because of the shape, it's designed for the bowled back of the ovation, but I do think he did a pretty good job.
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Groundy

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Redler

recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Flash Harry

Very cool, what an excellent mash-up.

I love things like this, it shows ingenuity and creativity, nice one Hook.

Mash On!
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.