Axl Rose filling in for AC/DC

Started by bruno, April 17, 2016, 12:38:02 PM

bruno

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Oldrottenhead

heard this a few weeks back and thought it was just an april fool. but it's even on the BBC (not that they are a trustworthy news broadcaster).
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Pete C

Saw that on the net this morning - interesting !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Hook

Since I'm not really much of a fan of either...I don't think I care. Cash in until the cash dries up!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

AndyR

I'm completely disgusted by it and want my money back (£160). I've been talking to ticketmaster ever since it was first rumoured weeks ago.

I absolutely loathe Axl Rose's voice. The tickets were sold to me under false pretences - I would NEVER have paid for tickets if I'd known. And they knew when it went on sale. AWFUL, dishonest behaviour.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Johnny Robbo

Heard rumours about this a few weeks ago & thought it was just the usual internet bullsh*t. Can't believe they've actually hired someone whose voice has all the musicality of a wasp farting into a kazoo! I mean... what about Danny Bowes from Thunder? They're not doing much these days, apart from the odd nostalgia festival... or how about Paul Rodgers? I could sit here all day long naming singers who'd be better suited to this gig! Heck... even Susan Boyle would be preferable to Axl Rose, who is little more than an ego on legs, in my opinion.

Quote from: AndyR on April 18, 2016, 01:21:08 AMI'm completely disgusted by it and want my money back (£160). I've been talking to ticketmaster ever since it was first rumoured weeks ago.

I absolutely loathe Axl Rose's voice. The tickets were sold to me under false pretences - I would NEVER have paid for tickets if I'd known. And they knew when it went on sale. AWFUL, dishonest behaviour.

If you DO go to the gig, Andy, get ready for a five hour delay while Axl does his best "Spinal Tap" tantrum backstage about the caterers providing toasted poppy seeds on the bagels when his people specified untoasted. Or some other ridiculous prima-donna hissy fit.
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Adobe Audition

"The English may not like music, but they absolutely love the noise it makes." Sir Thomas Beecham

http://www.jrguitar.co.uk http://johnrobsonmusic.co.uk

AndyR

There's NO F***ING WAY I'm going to the gig, even if I get no refund.

If I don't get a refund, they've basically stolen the money from me. I've checked, it's £165. I haven't even got the etickets yet - they're "not ready, thank you for your patience" ever since I ordered in Nov/Dec.

By ticketmaster rules, this doesn't look enough like an "altered performance" to qualify for refunds to me. Let's see.

I am SO annoyed by this. It's not ticketmaster's fault, it's the band and management.

recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

AndyR

Well, they've finally offered refunds.

Thank goodness for that (already spent it on Donny Osmond tickets for next year! :D)

I've received two emails from ticketmaster - one because I have an open Query Number, and another looks like a blanket email to all ticket purchasers.

SO if you do want to go, watch the web sites, there's going to be some more tickets very soon!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Farrell Jackson

Axl Rose replacing Brian Johnson while he's still available = A BAD Idea! Doing the same if Brian Johnson was no longer available = A BAD IDEA! Find a better and more suited singer.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Mike_S

Yes, was thinking they should have offered the gig to the guy from Krokus (Marc Storace - is that his name?). From memory his voice is way more suited. Or at least to someone with a voice more suited. Axl Rose's voice for me anyway is always gonna sound like the guy from Guns and Roses trying to sing AC/DC. He is so distinctive he is stereotyped IMO like an actor who has played a soap opera for 30 years and would seem weird acting in anything else.
recorder
iPad GarageBand