Not the Same

Started by ODH, February 29, 2016, 01:39:07 PM

ODH

My Song
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Working title

I did (do) intend to add a vocal track to this, but I actually quite like it as an instrumental.

literally, I shut down my PC in work on Friday afternoon and walking through the office I had this rhythm in my head.  I jotted it down on DM-1 when I got back to the car and added the instrumentation later that same day.  I have the vocal track in my head, only without words or a subject even.  It'll come.

Gives me energy.

Nearly put it forward as a jazzfest track, but I don't really see it as jazz.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

SE

Energy filled track, has soundtrack feel for a action movie in the vain of pulp fiction, the ticking effect  gives the impression of time running out, to the end of a chase, nice work!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Mike_S

Good stuff. Energy filled indeed... Very nice retro jazz feel. Definitely has that movie quality about it. I could see Steve McQueen in a car chase with this in the background.
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Groundy

Great track Nick, Sounds so good as an instrumental,
It is certainly filled with energy,
Loving it.....

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

kenny mac

I can see the video for this in my head,lots of night traffics moving at a fast time frame.
It's very vibrant Nick,I imagine it would be hard to fit the words in but if you decide to I'll watch this space.
It moves along nicely as an instrumental though.
Nice one.

Blooby

Got my head bobbing (I have a sore neck now).

Lots of cool bits in here. The keys that drop in and out re great (especially that organ), and that bass is bloody relentless. really liked this.

It stands great as an instrumental, but I admit to being intrigued to where it would go vocally.

Blooby

Hook

Damn brother you got some chops! Love the manic feel to this, I too wonder where it could go.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

ODH

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Quote from: Blooby on March 12, 2016, 06:36:59 AMI admit to being intrigued to where it would go vocally.

I kind of know how the vocal goes but not the words.  The words that were taking shape were aggressive and confrontational, and that's not really me, so I wasn't happy with them.  SE's observation that the ticking effect sounds like time running has got me thinking and a new theme is shaping up in my head.

I'll get back to you...

Johnny Robbo

Quote from: ODH on February 29, 2016, 01:39:07 PMNearly put it forward as a jazzfest track, but I don't really see it as jazz.

It's a damns site closer to jazz than a lot of the stuff the play on Jazz FM these days :)

Love the mad drums & the growly Hammond organ! Works for me, mate!
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Adobe Audition

"The English may not like music, but they absolutely love the noise it makes." Sir Thomas Beecham

http://www.jrguitar.co.uk http://johnrobsonmusic.co.uk

ODH

Quote from: SE on February 29, 2016, 03:47:43 PMthe ticking effect  gives the impression of time running out

I picked up on this suggestion about the time running out in the vocal version I just posted.  Cheers.

:)