Panjandrum - a chapperz original

Started by chapperz66, January 24, 2016, 09:28:28 AM

Hook

Outrageously cool! Man you are on fire lately, this feckin brilliant.
Rock the $@#% on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

fenderbender

Wow!!!! this is something else Paul
you are a master 8) 8) 8) 8)
Really tight and well put together

Your the man!!!!!!
Congrats

Tommy
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

Groundy

From the 2016 sampler,
Love this Paul, really well done.

Alex.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Pipes

I'm sure i missed this baby as I haven't commented before now..

Forgive me young man because you have forwarded a masterpiece..

Superb in every way:)

Nicko

Kebab sher wab ee poos...

te  he he

Mach

Wow this is just fantastic Paul. I love all the time sig changes it really puts a great feel to something that has a Prog-Rock vibe like this. All the tracks seem to gel and sit really nice in the spaces and when and where you chose to bring them in. That guitar is great man!

Quote from: chapperz66 on January 24, 2016, 09:28:28 AMI would have finished this a few weeks ago but I have had a problem with a plug-in preventing me exporting the mix.  It took me ages to isolate what was causing it.  I had to remove all the offending channel strips and replace with stock plug-ins.  I guess that is the joy of DAWs!  On a positive note, there are 45 tracks on this piece of self-indulgent nonsense so I don't think I would have been able to do it on my old BR1600.

I don't think I've ever had 45 tracks running at once on any DAW, that's impressive. I have had a ton of plug-ins running at once though and I know how they can bog down the PC memory unless you're running a UAD dedicated hardware DSP accelerator. Those are the bomb, but very expensive. One thing you can do to get around that problem with plug-ins is to put them all on a dedicated external usb2 hard drive and run them from there. You could also run them from another PC.

Also have all your wav files running from another drive than the drive your software is installed on. That seems to help with processing power. Another thing to try is adjusting the buffer size and how many processors you are dedicating to your software. Most all DAWS have a these adjustments like Buffers, Host Processing, CPU limit size and Delay compensation in
your hardware settings. You can change how the software reacts to how much load you put on it.

One other thing you can do if it will not export or render a session is to create a PRINT track. Just add an extra stereo audio track. Create a BUS track, usually with an AUX input. Set all your track outputs to the BUS>Stereo audio track>Master output. You may have to switch on Input ONLY Monitoring depending on what DAW you are using or you won't hear the output (but if it doesn't have it will still record to your Audio track). Hit record, and let it bounce everything to that one PRINT track. Now you have a stereo track you can go back and edit only the places you want to change in the timeline of your audio. Then it will export or render with all tracks printed with plug-ins, automation and whatever else you used in the session.

Mach
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

nice one, do you know panjandrum was also the name of a ww2 weapon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEQJOE97iZU
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

StephenM

wow Paul.... this is big and I especially love the guitars.... it took me just a bit to get into this... it just got better and better throughout....  if you can manage the tracks...why not?  I don't think everyone could or maybe has the patience to.... because I sometimes mix on the DAW and it can become crazy...but if there are alot of tracks (I have done 24 on the BR but you have to bounce down to manageable segments.).... it can have you scratching your head.... anyway, looking at the photos I have seen of your studio you are a meticulously organized person which I am not... I have wires and stuff everywhere and going this way and that... I gotta dig through your stuff because I think you are a brilliant guitarist but it comes in small doses on most of the stuff of yours I have heard... I would love to hear some where its mostly guitar dominated....any recommendations from your list?

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

chapperz66

Thanks for bumping this one Stephen.  I had forgotten all about this piece.  It was an early one after I had made the move from a BR1600 to Studio One and I might remix it if I get bored at some point.

If you want to hear more guitar widdling try my cover of Town Without Pity.  I sometimes manage to impress myself!   :D

https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?topic=20436.msg251208#msg251208

Kenneth

Another good bump Stephen.  I remember when I  first heard it feeling all confused about the production and playing and how it could be done. Now... years later.. I  feel the same.
Cool stuff Paul.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman