Thanks

Started by Blooby, December 06, 2014, 09:31:24 AM

Hook

Yea, I love this site & I love that those rules redler quoted still are obviously evident. It's the positivity & humbleness of the immense talent here that keeps me involved. I've found so much inspiration & information from listening to what others are doing in there home studios. I've found commonality with fellow musicians all over the world & had the opportunity to collaborate musically that I never could of imagined 10 years ago. I've met Bruno & his wonderful family & can't wait to see them again. Playing live with bruno was a highlight to me musically & I can't wait to do it again.
I've said it before but songcrafters is where I get to do music just for myself. I play for a living but it's as a character & I'm not exactly doing stuff I love. I basically do the same 20min. set 70 times over 4 days every week...not exactly fun but I'm still playing & singing for living so I'm not complaing. My point is most people would do something else, read/video games/etc. in their free time but not me, I write songs. I have for most of my life and fell out of it after my kids were born & I was gigging clubs very regularly. When I had the idea & opportunity to make music actually lucrative I found and needed the assistance and knowledge of the Boss Recorder Yahoo group & that led me here. Once I stopped gigging clubs I started writing again & that lead me back to songcrafters.
Just to have a place like this to share my tunes & to be inspired is a great joy in my life (does that sound really sad?) The festivals are a great place to find inspiration to write, play & record & I don't even listen to much "popular music" anymore, there's plenty great stuff right here!
Rock On my friends!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

chip

Although I don't post much and don't post music of mine here or indeed on the web full stop, I do love the site and the people who contribute to it. My interest lies with recording, so I tend to ask or read about that aspect, but , I don't comment on songs on here or anywhere else. To me, songs that I compose or cover are for my enjoyment and learning, I like to think of them as a picture and when that picture is complete I can admire, criticise and examine them myself. Maybe that's selfish I don't know.

Without this site and the people that use it, I and many others would have struggled to grasp some of the workings of recording using, in particular the BR series of recorders. I do intend to keep on posting and asking about stuff but most of it concerns the technical side which means the BR series in the main. I have no plans to use computers as present for music and can see a slippery slope downhill concerning such use. That's just how I see it.

However time moves on,but , not me. Anyway enough of that. Yes I love the site, it's great, there is absolutely no bitchin, snide remarks, nastiness or any other horribleness on this site and that is quite a unique place to be. Thanks.
Sweet young thing aint sweet no more.

Geir

Well said Blooby.

A big thank you from me as well, to Pedro, to 64g, flash, orh and Cuthbert. And also to all the lovely people that I've met here, virtually and in real life.

You've all made my life better.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Pine

Quote from: Hook on December 07, 2014, 06:35:16 AMJust to have a place like this to share my tunes & to be inspired is a great joy in my life (does that sound really sad?)

Doesn't sound sad to me at all. I have no social life at all outside of my internet musician friends. I live very rurally and often go a week or more without ever even leaving the woods now that i'm "retired". What few old friends i have locally are still working FT and are no longer involved in music. My wife has no interest in my stuff or music in general and i only get to jam with my brother a couple times a year at best. I am home alone all day everyday with the 50 animals, which i talk to.... and fortunately they haven't starting talking back to me yet. I love my lifestyle but if it weren't for places like this, there would be a huge vacuum in my life. You're a good lot...kind and supportive and inspirational. Admin does a great job and deserves a round of applause (insert clapping emoticon here) At 64, i'm just thankful that i can still play, write, record, and share my stuff with friends from around the world and enjoy their music as well. I hope this site lives on for years to come and is still alive and well even after i'm not.

pine
recorder
Boss BR-1200

IanR

Its funny, I was looking at my profile stats a few days ago as I changed my avatar photo. I have been a member here for more than five years.  I post once every couple of days (on average), so that makes me a fairly regular contributor.   I baulk when I see some of the post tallies of some of the high traffic contributors.

I agree that this site is great.  Keep on writing, recording, playing and singing.  The standard is way higher than it was when I started.

Music is my hobby. It gives me a creative outlet and I love gear, so I get to play with interesting stuff.

I'm not in a band and I don't have musical friends, so this place gives me an opportunity to share my work and my knowledge and also to learn from others, which I really enjoy.

So, I guess I am also saying: THANKS!

cheers,

Ian

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

kenny mac

What can I say? That's not already been said,this site is one of the friendliest sites on the planet,so many great collaborations and mets.
It's like one big family and I hope it goes on and on,so,,,,,,,Thanks ;D

ODH

Good sentiment, Blooby.  I'd like to add my thanks and appreciation to the effort put in that makes this site the home from home it is for so many of us.

Many years ago I started a group on Flickr - a group mind, not a forum.  It died on its arse because I didn't have the time or inclination to put into making it work.  So in a very small way I have some insight into the effort and commitment involved.

It's right that there is camaraderie and warmth here which just doesn't seem to exist in other forums.  I came across it through the Zoom forum when I first bought my R16.  I posted something there a year or so back after a lay off of several years and was surprised by how cold and brusque the (few) responses were, compared to here.  I've not been back.

I know my own writing and recording has come on leaps since participating here.  To have the chance to have my humble efforts heard and discussed around the world is a magical thing.  For me, it's what Maslow called Self Actualisation.

Cheers everyone and I hope you mid-winter festivals are jolly.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

alfstone

IMO the great thing of this site is that, being so friendly, it encourages to go on with our musical experience. And even better, often this goes through collaborations with others from around the world, in a time made of too much solipsism.

So Blooby, I too second your post, and a big THANKS to all those involved to make everything going on here in such an excellent way.

Alfredo

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

Jarle

I have to agree with the other comments here, and I want to take the opportunity to add my thanks and gratitude to the admin team.
When I first joined here, what struck me was the warmth and friendliness, and a lot of talent.
So once again thanks to the admin team and to the rest of you who contribute and make this such a great site.
recorder
Boss BR-800

cuthbert

I want to chime in with my thanks to all you good people - thank you for the great music, supportive comments, and the good vibrations that live on here at Songcrafters. Each of you helps make this place what it is. I'll never forget how strikingly friendly and welcoming this place was when I first found my way here. I felt like I'd found a home.

Also, big thanks from me to 64Guitars, Flash Harry, and oldrottenhead for all that they do every day. I couldn't possibly have thrown in with a better bunch of fellows.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase