Thanks

Started by Blooby, December 06, 2014, 09:31:24 AM

Blooby

I got a bit curious when this site launched, so I looked up Pedro's profile to see when he first posted. I then got to some surfing, and I happened on the thread where he announced that he was closing the site (remember that drama years back?). It was a reminder about how important this site is to many of us. I saw a lot of the same names in that thread who are still posting today.

I'm not as prolific as some and go through long periods of lurking here and there, but there really is a consistent feeling of home every time I log on here. This site just never bums me out. There is so much venom, spite, trolling, and bullshit on the web. Everybody has a platform now, and many choose to vomit their own brand on inanity all over it. I guess what I'm saying is I am so thankful to belong to a community with super sharp, funny, talented, caring, and positive individuals from all over the globe. The fact that we all share a love of music is a big fat layer of icing on the cake.

Just thought I'd take a moment to say thanks to Pedro, the current administrators (64, orh, cuthbert, Flash), and all the rest of you good folks.

Peace.

Bruce

Oldrottenhead

i second that blooby. of late i have struggled to get here, usually on my mobile which is crap for listening and commenting. hopefully in the new year my workload won't be so heavy and i can be more involved again. i love you all.

and i love this site.

oldrottenhead.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

Quote from: Blooby on December 06, 2014, 09:31:24 AMI got a bit curious when this site launched, so I looked up Pedro's profile to see when he first posted. I then got to some surfing, and I happened on the thread where he announced that he was closing the site (remember that drama years back?). It was a reminder about how important this site is to many of us. I saw a lot of the same names in that thread who are still posting today.

A couple of years ago, I posted a topic with an overview of the history of Songcrafters. It includes a list of significant events with links to the relevant topics such as Pedro's first post, site closing announcement, etc.

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=17258.0

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Well said, I tried to leave and found it nigh on impossible. Without doubt this site is all every musician needs. All I lack is the time to make use of all the  wonderful help and collaborations from the truly amazing musicians that I'm proud to call friends.  Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

fenderbender

Well worded Mr.B
Willie I second your post.
big thumbs up to Admin for keeping THE super site running.

Tommy
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

T.C. Elliott

I'll second (or fifth) the thanks to the admins and all of us here in this community. A sincere thanks to everyone here.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Redler

Well said, Blooby! I'm so thankful to all, especially to the members I have done collabs! Many of my songs would be still just song sketches without you!

Edit: I almost forgot the admin team ::) . You have done fantastic job on the backround! Thank you 64, orh, cuth and Flash!

In my opinion, everyone of us has understood the rules and spirit of the Songcrafters well. Here's a quote of Pedro's first message:

Quote from: Pedro on December 16, 2007, 11:50:30 AMThe rules are the usual:

No SPAM
No Offences
Be Humble
Be Kind

Thank you,
admin

:)

Did I mentioned already that I love this site  :D :D :D
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Groundy

I must agree with everyone, well said Blooby.
and a special thank you to, 64, ORH, Cuthbert and Flash.

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

bruno

I would wholeheartedly agree with what has been said about this site and those who make it happen. This is not a 5 minute task, but I suspect a considerable amount of commitment and time (and money). And to that I say thanks guys. This is a remarkable site, and often feel that we should all contribute a little more. For me, this has given me many things. From an early age, I had an affinity with making music - I always wanted to do it, I suspect most, if not all, on this site feel the same way. Therefore we are bonded. For me, meeting with Hook half way around the world was a culmination of that - it really didn't feel like we had never actually met or spoken, it was very easy and a fantastic experience. I count Hook as a great friend, and look forward to meeting up again next year. This was enabled by this site.  And that is the point with this site, it brings like minded people together. Sometimes we squabble, some times we piss each other off - most of the time we all make great music.

I am a pragmatist. This site will probably not go on forever, people move on, retire, grow tired etc, and running this is a big ask for anybody. Who knows when, 1 year, 5 years, 10 years ... who knows? So, I will say - treat this site well, be active, be involved, collaborate, make friends for life, give more than you take and most of all, enjoy what you are drawn to do.
Peace.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

SharksDontSleep

I'm in the ORH neck of the woods. Just don't have the opportunity to listen & comment as much as I would like to.
I try to lurk, using mainly mobile devices, but it isn't easy. It's a major effort every time I record or participate in a song that I can post on here.
The upside of that, is that this site is always here and there's always someone who'll listen/help.
Some are dedicated hardcore subscribers, some occasional, but the fact that there's anyone at all, who'll give up their time to listen & comment is quite humbling.

Long may it last :)