Walking on Needles

Started by The Gobi Desert Canoe Club, November 17, 2014, 04:56:37 AM

Hilary

Cracking songwriting and performance - congrats!
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

IanR

This is a truly beautiful song.  Emotional and meaningful.  I can hear the sadness and regret in your performance.  This song really says something to me AND its a great piece of music.

thanks for giving it to us to hear.

Ian

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

fenderbender

Top class stuff Willie
the break has brought you back in top form 8) 8) 8)

Tommy
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

Pine

Quote from: bruno on November 17, 2014, 04:14:02 PMA really interesting song Willie, would agree with Farrell - this is a very though provoking song, and I understand the sentiment having grown up in a big city - the places that smell of no hope and desperation. Sad inditement of our society I'm afraid. Some music invokes sadness, some happiness - and some, like this, make you think. I would say that makes it an excellent bit of songwriting!
Well done Willie.
B

Totally agree. This is EXCELLENT Willie! So real...with great imagery from lyrics that are delivered so well. I loved the long intro and how you often take your time in your songs. Your vocal delivery here is so good...gives the listener time to digest the whole sad scenario. Nice synths to accent the darkness and a meloncholy guitar lead that sums it up. Can't say enough about how good these lyrics are. You're a hell of a good songwriter..and so incredibly prolific.
Great tune Willie!

pine
recorder
Boss BR-1200

kenny mac

Man,this is brilliant. ,what a great keyboard wall there.
It reminds me a bit of my hero Ian hunters latest work in the last few years,not that the song sounds the same as anything,but the vibe wouldn't be out of place in his set.
An excellent piece of work .
Pie pod bound.

Groundy

I found this cracker in The Random Dozen Willie,
Don't know how I missed this, Such good songwriting and great performance.
I remember them knocking my old neighbourhood down as a kid, then they built a slum... :D

Alex.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Johnny Robbo

There's nothing like re-visiting your childhood neighbourhood. I took a virtual trip round mine on Google Street View when it first came out... Some of the old sights were there (including the old brick bus shelter where I served my smoker's apprenticeship), but the woods where we used to play are now a housing estate... so sad.

Brilliant track, Willie! Thanks for getting me all nostalgic & misty-eyed.
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Adobe Audition

"The English may not like music, but they absolutely love the noise it makes." Sir Thomas Beecham

http://www.jrguitar.co.uk http://johnrobsonmusic.co.uk

TPB

I remember this one well when you did it and the fact that you let me do a cover of it with my band mates
Well written and still true today
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Many thanks for the bump. Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800