Walking on Needles

Started by The Gobi Desert Canoe Club, November 17, 2014, 04:56:37 AM

Walking on Needles
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hi all, been a little while but it took a bit longer this time for the back to settle down. Anyway, we went for a walk the other day and ended up in the estate where I grew up, it hasn't improved in fact it seems to have deteriorated. The swings and roundabouts were broken and there was the odd syringe lying amongst the broken glass and old cider cans. Having said that, I know for a fact that there are a lot of good people living there who just need either a chance or a kick up the butt to move them into a better place. Hope you enjoy.   Willie

The times are changing it seems to alter day by day
Down by the lock-ups where the mothers and the children used to play
The swings are broken 'cos someone has stolen all the chains
And you're walking on needles
You're walking on
Needles
You're walking on
Needles

Someone's written upon a wall
No job, no home, no hope
A burnt out car that cannot move
'Cos the wheels have all been sold
And you're walking on needles
You're walking on
Needles
You're walking on
Needles

At night it looks like the zombies walk
With their pale skin and their sores
And everyone that lives near there
Are inside and lock their doors
'Cos it feels like, 'cos it feels like
You're walking on needles

Outro

recorder
Boss BR-800

Farrell Jackson

A good song Willie. I like the heartfelt, sincere lyric about the state of the place where you grew up. I can hear the sentiment in your vocals. Nice writing!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

bruno

A really interesting song Willie, would agree with Farrell - this is a very though provoking song, and I understand the sentiment having grown up in a big city - the places that smell of no hope and desperation. Sad inditement of our society I'm afraid. Some music invokes sadness, some happiness - and some, like this, make you think. I would say that makes it an excellent bit of songwriting!
Well done Willie.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Oldrottenhead

you have just written a song about the place i grew up in too. nice one willie. very different for you musically. love it.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

SwanSong

Nice laid back song liked that intro a lot good effect and pan
all of your music is a great listen cheers NEIL .!!

Hook

Yes sir, I dig that synth rhythm alot & love how it drives the tune, reminiscent of some later Cars stuff. The best lyrics create a picture in every bodies mind that they can personally relate to & this really does that.
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Redler

Wow! This is really good...well written and arranged. Each part is in the right place! Catchy tune with beautiful melodies and additions! Brilliant!!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

SE

You, ve caught this perfectly and you painting a thought provoking picture, an excellent listen, magic!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

T.C. Elliott

I like the guitars, especially the lead lines. Your lyric is good, the title is great, I love the imagery the title alone invokes. You've put together a good song that resonates very well. You've painted a picture in my mind.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Satchwood

Yeah, YEaH, Great Imagery!!   i'm ENJoying walking on WheeLs....
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)