The Cold

Started by allysonmarie, August 05, 2014, 07:34:39 PM

allysonmarie

01 - The Cold
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This is a very early written song, from when I first started piano and writing my own lyrics. I did a revision of it about two years ago which this is a recording of. I did my best to help along the childish lyrics I started out with way before, but the main differences are the vocals and rhythm. The revised piano arrangement I think helped to lighten the original mood/tone and it made it fun for me to play. At least the memories attached to why I wrote this song to begin with don't come back with the same pains when I chance to hear it now. That's a change I'm very glad of.

An unwanted wake...
I'm with shadows in wait
Embraced as I feel nothing
But a freeze wrapped around me

Cold, I sleep in darkness, in peace
The death I am and all I need

I'm without your grief
Your faith of lies I won't believe
And I hear nothing but one voice calling
I bleed for the freedom now within reach

Cold, I sleep in darkness, in peace
And I won't be stolen
From where I have chosen to be

See what I see
Forget everything my life should mean
Know what I know
I have already let go

Cold I sleep
In darkness, in peace
The death I am –
And all I need

Tangled Wires

Lovely song, there is some nice variation throughout with the pace and intensity of the piano melody, and you had me hanging on every word with that vocal!

Whether intended or not, your vocal seems slightly more prominent in this song than in others previously, and that has to be a good thing! ;)

recorder
Boss Micro BR

chapperz66

Very melancholy piece Allyson.  You have a great voice.  Nicely played piano.  A rather abrupt ending though.  Did something happen to the upload?

Enjoyed the listen nonetheless.

Paul

Geir

Didn't end abrupt for me. Some songs have done that lately tho, and not only on the iPad.

Great performance again Allyson. Very powerful vocals and I really enjoyed the piano playing!

Well done
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

chapperz66

Geir is right Allyson - a few of the songs I have played today have done strange things at the end.  It's probably due to a pigeon sitting on a cable somewhere.  ;)

Paul

Jarle

Another great performance Allysonmarie.
recorder
Boss BR-800

Groundy

A big thumbs up Allysonmarie, Well done , just love this..........Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Groundy

OTD Bump,
Missing your music Allyson..

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs