Main Menu

Split

Started by allysonmarie, July 30, 2014, 06:51:33 PM

allysonmarie

Allyson Marie - Fifth Entries - 07 Split
Time:
0:00
Volume:
For whatever this song is worth as is, I'm at a point where I can finally share it. Written/recorded sometime ago. 

Self I hate,
I am to be always at blame.
There are no innocent mistakes...
I could not be without my shame.

Has the end come?
Has it really happened?
Have we heard our lesson?
Please tell me, have we learned?

At step one with nothing to follow next
Where everything erases, everyday resets.
Unseen progress by experience
Forgive me...
You've forced me to forget
The quiet ache;
You'll not explain my regret.

Hook

"Self I hate,
I am to be always at blame.
There are no innocent mistakes...
I could not be without my shame."

I can always connect to your lyrics & the passion of the performance never fails to draw me in.
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

kenny mac

Strong emotional words.
You can feel the emotion in the song and this coupled with the music paints a picture to me of someone moving on into the next part of their life and removing the emotional baggage that could hold them back.
It's a moving song.
Of course that's only my interpretation ,like some one looking at a piece of art ,everyone gets a different outlook.
Well done.

Tangled Wires

The first thing that struck me here was the range and variation in your vocal, love the way you hold on to them long notes and how your voice pitches perfectly to those occasional high notes....perfect control!

Heavy, heavy lyrics, and yes as Kenny points out, we all have our own interpretation of them, but I get the impression your songs are based on personal experiences and are truly from the heart.

Beautiful flowing piano melody, with some really cool changes in dynamics throughout.

Excellent as ever!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

ODH

I listened to this first thing this morning.  I wanted to comment but I shied away because I couldn't find the words.  Your song(s) moved me in its unfettered emotion, like a window you opened into your most private self.

You are a timeless force of nature
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

bruno

Always excellent Allyson - deeply introspective words, very emotive and somewhat sad but very moving
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

allysonmarie

For others to create their own meaning from what's being heard is the best I could hope for, given that nearly every song I've written is so personal. It's not something I can really help now for how easy it is to turn to writing when in a really bad state. I'm deeply grateful you all could listen and more so for passing along your thoughts. Thank you.   

Redler

Top class and imprsessive lyric!! Loved the melody and your voice! Your voice has such power I can't describe... anyway, it's great on your songs. Really fine work!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Jarle

Once again I'm dragged in to your performance. It is so heartfelt and emotional.
recorder
Boss BR-800

Hook

OTD bump, hope you are well Allysonmarie.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely