Moonshine - a Hook and Bruno original (updated MIX)

Started by bruno, July 29, 2014, 01:12:32 PM

chapperz66

Very, very good.  Really like this.  Love the fiddle.

Marvelous stuff guys.

Paul

Farrell Jackson

This song has such an appeal with it's wild airiness and happy go lucky sound! Bruno the violin (fiddle) rocks brother! I dig Hook's words, delivery and drunken laugh...it made me smile each time I heard it. The acoustic hits the Americana style of the post Civil War era perfectly. One of the best I heard for some time!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

bruno

Thanks all for the comments. I have a confession, this song appears to be a happy sequence of accidents from my perspective. Was messing around with DADGAD a few weeks back (result of the guitar lessons I'm taking) and was just playing about, and recorded the core riff. Last weekend got an attack of GAS and bought a new bass (cheaper end Sterling Music Man Stingray, bloody lovely). Had to record something, so looked up that little riff, and re-learned it :-) Recorded and thought it needs violin, so added loads. Most of it didn't work, so I deleted it bit by bit, leaving what is there. Thought it sounded quite mid-americana, so called it Moonshine - sent it to Hook, where he weaves his magic, and writes brilliantly constructed lyrics, a great vocal performance and a drunken laugh which fits perfected and lifts the song imo. Thanks brother as always  ;D ;D

I need to remix it, as there is some defo overloading - was going to do it this weekend, but gardening and dripping taps got in the way :-( Will upload new version soon :-)

B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Bluesberry

Quote from: Geir on July 31, 2014, 05:33:42 AMThis is one of my favourite songcrafters songs ever.
I agree, a damn fine slice of americana story telling.  This is so damn good it stunning.  I agree a slight re-mix would bring the full beauty to the level of a pro studio production.  I would tweak up the vocals a smidge.  Overall, totally top class songwriting guys.  Worthy of many a listen in my car this summer.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Groundy

Great collab Guys, just love this,
well written, well played and well recorded........
and well done.......
I too love the fiddle..................

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

steelguitar

Great collab!!!

Very groovy, excellent mix for me
Well played and sung, the fiddle is cool!

Jean-Sébastien
recorder
Boss Micro BR

"I'm sitting on a comet / Slowing speed / I'm landing on your planet / On your land of weed" Daniel (de Sète)

https://www.facebook.com/TheMAUSS

Jarle

Wow! This is good. The driving drums and bass, the guitars, vocals and the fiddle. I love it.
recorder
Boss BR-800

bruno

TRACK 50 - Moonshine - mix2
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Remixed this one today - hopefully got rid of the distortions, and mixed the vocals up a bit. This was a real pain to mix, and am not quite sure its right as yet. I'll get there in the end.

Thanks all for the lovely comments, I had fun with this one :-)

B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Blooby

One of my favorite posts to grace Songcrafters.  This was just stunning.  The prodction, quirky nature of it, choice of tones...just everything.  Just...wow. Reminds me of something Chris Stills would do.