Moonshine - a Hook and Bruno original (updated MIX)

Started by bruno, July 29, 2014, 01:12:32 PM

bruno

Track 50 - Moonshine Mastered
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here's the remixed version ...

Time:
0:00
Volume:

Across the great expanse
We connect the rails
Will ride this train
Right in to hell

Built upon the backs of many
There stand just a few
Promises of change
Somethings never do

Hit me with that moonshine
Keep them coming till I'm blind

across the sacred ground
Respect we can't afford
Progress will prevail
Go ahead declare your war

Hit me with that moonshine
Remember what I take is mine

Always got to watch your back
Deaths behind every door

The world's turned upside down
Just as I was going to lay on the floor

Across the great expanse
We connect the rails
Will ride this train
Right in the hell

Something different - this is Mid-west Americana country, inspired by a DADGAD tuning. Difficult to mix, so not 100% happy with this - probably need to boost the vocals more. Great lyrics by Hook, always managing the read what I'm after and knowing out of the park, thanks brother :-)
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Tangled Wires

This is great, a real infectious tune.

That repeating chord progression is grooving and gets stuck in your head very quickly, and liking them little harmonics popping up now and again.

Very cool vocal Hook, delivered with panache and a swagger.

The mix seems pretty sound to me, listening on cans and the vocal is sitting at a nice level and the overall balancing is spot on.

Nice one!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Redler

This is so good and captivating! Sounds perfectly to "acoustic band" - very mellow sound. Violin is tasteful here....

Top notch job, guys!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hook

I love getting a Bruno track & this couldn't have been timed better. I've been watching the show Hell On Wheels which is set in America right after the civil war as the railroad was being expanded west, great show!
Everything about the Bruno's track is amazing but that fiddle really does it for me!
Rock On Brother!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Tangled Wires

Quote from: Hook on July 30, 2014, 05:29:05 AMEverything about the Bruno's track is amazing but that fiddle really does it for me!
Rock On Brother!

It does for me too, and I failed to mention that when initially commenting on the song ::)

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Kenny B

WOW!!!  This is sooo good!!!

Excellent lyrics and vox Hook ... and I think they sit perfect in the mix.

Yes that fiddle is priceless on this and the guitar(s) sound do good Bruno ... DIG THIS!!!

kb
recorder
Zoom MRS-1266
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

totally infectious loving everything about this song, but especially the drums. something hypnotic about them. and that bass mmmmmm. sweeeeet.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

kenny mac

Hit me with that moonshine indeed ,And I'm loving that laugh.
The fiddle is magic as well.
A great tune guys,you work together so well .

Geir

I've listened to this so many times now and every time it just gets better.   This is one of my favourite songcrafters songs ever. Love everything about it but it's the violin that brings it over the top. I'm so jealous of your violin skills Bruno.

I'm a fan
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

ODH

I'm tending to agree, one of my favorite SC songs too.  Conjours such an evocative atmosphere and hints at such a big story in the lyric.

Quoteacross the sacred ground
Respect we can't afford

...such a keen-eyed insight into the treatment of the indigenous American peoples by brutish, drunken, greedy settlers, mostly western Europeans.  We have much to be ashamed of in our history.  It's a tragic, sad tale (it makes me angry), but a great lyric.

Musically just spot on in performance and production, to my ears.  Everything sounds fresh and the fiddle is sublime.

Addictive, fantastic.  Well done both.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter