"The synths of our fathers" a Geir original

Started by Geir, July 07, 2014, 02:03:09 AM

Geir

Thanks guys, glad I managed to squeeze this one out ....

Quote from: Redler on July 07, 2014, 02:53:41 AMWow!! The intro reminiscent of Philip Glass's music,
Funny you should say that, I havent listened to "Einstein on the beach" for quite a while, but I guess it has influenced my approach to electronic music in some ways :D

Quote from: Blooby on July 07, 2014, 09:34:15 AM.... I have been toying with getting a small keyboard for the iPad.  Was there any learning curve getting them to work together?
There's hardly any learning curve at all. Just plug it in (using an usb-cable and the camera connection kit) and it works.
It is a very simple keyboard tho!

Most of the apps recognises the keyboard immediately, tho sometimes you have to go into the setup of the app and select the device. Mine shows up as "Keystation Mini 32" so it isn't hard to choose ;D Many of the apps also have a "MIDI learn" function so you easily can assign whatever knobs you have on your keyboard to the functions available in the app. I think I'll need to get a more advanced keyboard at some time, but for not it works fine for me with this simple little one that goes in my backpack together with the ipad and BR80.

Quote from: cuthbert on July 07, 2014, 11:00:12 AMAnd what an outro - sounds like some spoken alien language!
Mission accomplished ! ;D ;D
Quote from: Jarle on July 07, 2014, 08:36:26 AMAnd what an outro you weirdo...   :)
... yeah yeah .... I'm the weirdo  :P

Quote from: 64Guitars on July 07, 2014, 01:28:54 PM...
Quote from: Geir on July 07, 2014, 02:03:09 AMBut the monkey on my shoulder
Should be let Into the wild
THAT monkey should definitely be let Into the wild ;D

Quote from: Bluesberry on July 07, 2014, 04:24:08 PMStunning Geir, the synth sounds you have corralled are just perfect, and then it moves into a sweet, wonderful Geir-pop beauty....deep forest pop........I love the middle section, love it, love it.......and the intro, love it........and what about the flipping ending..............what the hell........I love this whole monstrosity of a song................
Its stuff like this, finding something like this that keeps me glued to this site..........wicked stuff Geir.
And it's comments like this that keeps me glued to this site
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

alfstone

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

kenny mac

This played all the way through from beginning to end on my iPad and I've never had that done on my iPad so what's different?
A brilliant song Geir .
So much in it and that endings just off the planet  ;D
Braw tell yer Martian

Farrell Jackson

Very cool how you did this with your Ipad and synth apps Geir!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Bluesberry

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Blooby

Quote from: 64Guitars on July 07, 2014, 01:28:54 PM

That is one of the most priceless pictures ever.  I won't sleep for a week, though.

Any chance of posting just the simian image, 64?  It needs to be an avatar.

Blooby

Gnasty

Damnit! I can't listen to the whole thing because I'm on my phone but what I heard is freaking outrageously amazing. Love your playing and synth sounds Geir. Going to give it a whirl again tonight when I get home with my laptop and hear properly!

That picture should be a violation of Internet posting with the punishment of a fine and jail time! :)

By the way I don't know if anybody has mentioned it before but how about a monkey fest?
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

64Guitars

Quote from: Blooby on July 09, 2014, 07:42:02 AMAny chance of posting just the simian image, 64?  It needs to be an avatar.

No problem.

could you do the honours 64. when i try to change it i get an error message. just heading out to do the pub quiz in a moment. but error sez file is too big but i used the small one.  ??? ??? ???
recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Oldrottenhead

my meds must be affecting me. i thought i was replying but must have edited post. oh dear.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann