Welcome!

Started by Pedro, December 16, 2007, 11:50:30 AM

Captain Caribou

Howdy folks!  First impressions this looks to be quite a nifty gadget and, using the battery powering option, I will even be able to record remotely in my sleigh - GREAT!  I very much look forward to getting to grips with this.  All the best from Captain Caribou
'The wonderful world of Captain Caribou'

tkofaith

Welcome to the forum!  Get yourself some quality rechargeables...you won't be sorry!

Tim
Cheers!

Tim

"Music survives everything, and like God, it is always present.
It needs no help, and suffers no hindrance.  It has always found
me, and with God's blessing and permission, it always will."
--Eric Clapton

Greeny

Quote from: Captain Caribou on January 24, 2009, 05:14:37 AMHowdy folks!  First impressions this looks to be quite a nifty gadget and, using the battery powering option, I will even be able to record remotely in my sleigh - GREAT!  I very much look forward to getting to grips with this.  All the best from Captain Caribou

Welcome aboard! And we look forward to seeing you on the 'post your work' section!

Tell me... are caribous, elks and reindeers the same thing?!   ???

Captain Caribou

Quote from: Greeny on January 27, 2009, 08:06:08 AM
Quote from: Captain Caribou on January 24, 2009, 05:14:37 AMHowdy folks!  First impressions this looks to be quite a nifty gadget and, using the battery powering option, I will even be able to record remotely in my sleigh - GREAT!  I very much look forward to getting to grips with this.  All the best from Captain Caribou

Welcome aboard! And we look forward to seeing you on the 'post your work' section!

They are Brothers & Sisters one and all Greeny my friend!  'Rangifer Caribou', 'Woodland Caribou' - any of the several large caribou living in the coniferous forests of Southern Canada.  Yes, 'Elks' too in some classifications (included in the species 'Rangifer Tarandus')  Arctic deer with large antlers in both sexes; Simply referred to as`Reindeer' in Eurasia and/or `Caribou' in North America.  Definition:  A large gregarious DEER of holarctic taiga and tundra that usually has palmate antlers in both sexes.

Hope this helps! (PS: Luv yer tunes by the way!)

'Captain Caribou' HEARS ALL and is honoured to join your club

Flash Harry

Hi Captain Caribou. Welcome to the community. Sit down, Pick up a guitar and join in.

The more you put in, the more you get out I find.

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Captain Caribou

Thank you for making me feel so welcome folks!  It gets lonely here at night and it's good to know that there are indeed some of you out there who, not only care but also happen to be blessed with the true, living, breathing 'spirit of rock'!  On a different note (and admittedly being ever so slightly vain here!) I REALLY like the fact that I can also use this funky gadget as a handy compact mirror!!  It's great for perfecting my rock star 'magnum' look when out singing in the woods (and also for checking that my Ziggy stripe hasn't smudged!)  I am hoping to post my first effort here soon - STAY TUNED!! 
All the best from Captain Caribou
PS: I have listened to many of your collaborative efforts here 'Sir Harry of Flash' and you are indeed truly blessed with 'The Mighty Excalibur of Rock!'  Keep your chosen instrument tuned to pitch and always at the ready for you have been given a mighty gift - use it wisely Daniel son!       

Bluesberry

Quote'Sir Harry of Flash'
That is a great sounding handle for the Flashy One.  I think you are going to fit in nicely here Captain Caribou.  I can't wait to hear what you come with.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

Quote from: Captain Caribou on January 27, 2009, 02:50:05 PM
Quote from: Greeny on January 27, 2009, 08:06:08 AM

They are Brothers & Sisters one and all Greeny my friend!  'Rangifer Caribou', 'Woodland Caribou' - any of the several large caribou living in the coniferous forests of Southern Canada.  Yes, 'Elks' too in some classifications (included in the species 'Rangifer Tarandus')  Arctic deer with large antlers in both sexes; Simply referred to as`Reindeer' in Eurasia and/or `Caribou' in North America.  Definition:  A large gregarious DEER of holarctic taiga and tundra that usually has palmate antlers in both sexes.

Hope this helps! (PS: Luv yer tunes by the way!)

'Captain Caribou' HEARS ALL and is honoured to join your club

Wow. Your name is very fitting - you definitely know your deer! lol :D

The BR is a good friend to have. As well as it's music-making potential, I didn't quite realise the power it has to connect like-minded people all over the world.

And that 'mirror' thing with the BR freaks me out sometimes - I suddenly catch sight of myself when I'm least expecting it  :D :D

piljoe

Great Site!!!!

Hope to learn alot!!!

11RANGER413

How do I delete my song posting ?