Greet The Day (Instrumental)

Started by Bluesberry, February 11, 2009, 05:57:38 PM

Bluesberry

Greet the Day (Instrumental)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hey there, I thought I would give a go with writing a guitar instrumental type of song (after hearing so many great sounding ones posted on here).  All playing is by me.  Les Paul Classic and cheap Crate bass.  For effects I played around with Smoothld and Thirdz (and 1+1=3 for the ambient background stuff), with a bit of Vox Wah pedal at the end.  I hope you enjoy it.  I call it Greet the Day. Cheers. Comments greatly appreciated.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Wiley

I like the name and the song.  When first started it had an Eerie feeling (alone in the woods at night) so the name just really came.

guitarron

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

mr2kewl

i agree with guitarron - very cool stuff!!
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

BossMicroBRew

Really cool wah stuff.  :o What did you use? Great instrumental you got here. Nice playing, too. I agree, sort of an eerie feeling to it and that's what got me hooked.
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

TomH86

Greet The Day...To find the earth overrun by flesh eating, guitar playing ZOMBIES!!!!!!! Muahahahaha!!

Nah, its really cool...Reminds of Zappa..Especially towards the end!  8)

lg

Yeah, Exactly! Zappa[ish] [I am the slime]
LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Ferryman

Excellent, I really enjoyed this. Giving those strong solos an atmospheric backing really creates a different feel, giving a nice haunting quality. The ambient-ish guitar really gives it an edge.  I like the drums you've used as well, they complement the whole feel. Bass is a bit low tho - I can only really hear it when I play this through headphones. But only a minor issue. 

Cheers,

Nigel   

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

tafka

WOW !!! fantastic stuff. loved the wahwah solo.
this is your best post here by a country mile.
more of this please !

Tony J.
and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

Flash Harry

Rather fine.

It's been a Joe's Garage sort of week so this is quite fitting.

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.