'London Town' - Greeny Monday Original

Started by Greeny, January 21, 2013, 06:46:45 AM

Greeny

04_TIM GREEN_London Town
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hofner Verithin & Precision Bass, plus some Thumbjammery. All MBR.

An important feature of this song was trying to shoehorn the Big Ben chimes into the melody with a Thumbjam dulcimer. Not quite as easy as you'd think!

p.s. I love the 70's Wings song of the same name, but this is nothing like that  :D

Redler

Brilliant Brit pop tune, again... Wanna get in London, now!! :)

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Tangled Wires

You always seem to squeeze so much into your songs, its hard to believe that this one clocks in at just over 3 minutes, it seemed to last much longer.

I have given this three listens now and its a superb piece of work, those chimes fit in seemlessly but can appreciate how difficult that must have been. Nice touch kicking off with the chorus too, and there is such a nice contrast and flow between verses and choruses.

Loving them lyrics too reflecting the drudgery of the commuting and working life

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Quote from: Tangled Wires on January 21, 2013, 07:09:34 AMNice touch kicking off with the chorus too

Thanks! I'm trying to emulate the way Burt Baccarach & Hal David go straight in with the chorus (and often song title) on a lot of their work... Raindrops keep falling on my head, Do you know the way to San Jose, What the world needs now etc etc. Straight in, no messing!

Geir

HOW DO YOU DO IT ??? ???

Yet another Greeny masterpiece.

I'll be humming this all day !

Quote from: Greeny on January 21, 2013, 07:15:54 AM
Quote from: Tangled Wires on January 21, 2013, 07:09:34 AMNice touch kicking off with the chorus too

Thanks! I'm trying to emulate the way Burt Baccarach & Hal David go straight in with the chorus (and often song title) on a lot of their work... Raindrops keep falling on my head, Do you know the way to San Jose, What the world needs now etc etc. Straight in, no messing!
It's something the Beatles did quite a bit too. A good recipe for a hit ..... if you've got a strong chorus .....
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Flash Harry

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

bruno

This one has a great swagger about it, great song.
Lovely lush recording, really strong sounds.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Jarle

I agree this is nothing like the Wings song, but it has something of a McCartney feel to it.
Which is a good thing.

JOA
recorder
Boss BR-800