orchestral piece done on sibelius

Started by jackofall, July 05, 2012, 02:07:27 PM

jackofall

b. 2nd mov
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Apart from my boss machine (once again at the repairers after dropping it!), the best thing I have ever used is the computer software Sibelius. I have written a short piece for orchestra here. I did a much better piece but it is over 10 megabites so would be too big to upload. I hope this one will work though. I had in mind the conflict of nature and man - deforestation, death of bird habitat etc. I hope the contrast is heard between brash destruction and simple nature...

If the human brain was simple enough for us to understand, we'd be so simple, we couldn't...

bruno

Really very nice - very good orchestration.
The piece reminds me very much of Aaron Copland.
B.

recorder
Boss BR-1600

DeificDave

Very nice I like it, I could listen to more of this. 
"The universe is a million billion light-years wide, and every inch of it would kill you if you went there. This is the position of the universe with regards to human life." ― Martin Amis

http://www.youtube.com/user/deificd/videos

jackofall

Cheers! Bruno, I've just noticed your terrific logo. Maybe you could extend this to a guitar/religious question: 'What was Gsus 4?'
If the human brain was simple enough for us to understand, we'd be so simple, we couldn't...

Keywiz2112

Excellent piece of music well done, enjoyed the whole feel of it, could do with being longer (not a criticism) to allow the time for listener to get into the different parts more.

Well done keep up the great posts.

Redler

Fantastic orchestral music!! It reminds a bit Philip Glass (a fav of mine)! Great job, jacko!!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hook

I'm always very glad to see your posts and this was excellent.. I too hear some of the other comparisons but it seems very much you.I totally enjoyed this listen and will many times to come, thanks for sharing.

Gsus is for everyone!
Gsus is in everyone!
Gsus can save everyone!

Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Groundy

I always enjoy your posts Jacko, and this is no exception,
From, The Random Dozen.

Alex.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Redler

recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR