What are you listening to right now?

Started by guitarhead, January 30, 2008, 02:30:07 PM

Oldrottenhead

abba dont get the credit they are due, i grew up listening to punk when they where around and detested them, then years later i saw danny wilson do a stirring live version of knowing me knowing you , the song is brill /lyrics etc and turned me onto abba . liking abba doesn't make me gay..................does it?
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ferryman

it's jemima's kite. Again....and again....and again. Love that one.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Abba's Bjorn and Benny are just magnificent, meticulous songwriters. Songs like 'The Name of the Game' are right up there with The Beatles and Bacharach, IMO. I like the way they flew totally in the face of fashion / style, and got away with it because the songs were so good.

Flash Harry

I had the ORH hate ABBA, followed by the 'Aren't ABBA brilliant' phase. But grannies parties and dad dancing has knocked this out of me again.

Yes they are ggod songwriters, the songs are great songs, you're only gay if you want to be and I still don't like listening to ABBA. Even in gay clubs.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Pogrom

Through my iPod right now, into my ears, A Perfect Circle's "Judith" and in my car stereo is KMFDM's album TOHUVABOHU. Before this I was listening to Darkthrone's "Transilvanian Hunger" album.
"...Let the suicide of music take control..." - Deadsy

Flash Harry

Let down, from OK computer, Radiohead.

they construct a good song.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Greeny

Right now... 'S.O.S' by Abba, followed by Blur's 'Beetlebum', then 'Afternoon Delight' by The Starland Vocal band. I have NO shame  :D :D :D

Oldrottenhead

TWO NEW INSTRUMENTAQL PIECES THAT GREENY SEND SO I CAN COME UP WITH A LYRIC FOR JEMIMAS KITE PROJECT LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER BUSY WEEKEND.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

Quote from: oldrottenhead on January 30, 2009, 08:53:43 AMTWO NEW INSTRUMENTAQL PIECES THAT GREENY SEND SO I CAN COME UP WITH A LYRIC FOR JEMIMAS KITE PROJECT LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER BUSY WEEKEND.

I've got a few days off work in a weeks time. Can you imagine how many songs I'll do when I'm not working????! Be afraid... be very afraid...  :D :D :D

Seriously - don't get yourself in trouble. You have to balance love and music very carefully!  ;)

Wiley

;D ;D ;D

I'm listening to all of you guy's songs.  You are all so talented

:o ::)