What are you listening to right now?

Started by guitarhead, January 30, 2008, 02:30:07 PM

Greeny

Quote from: oldrottenhead on November 16, 2008, 05:44:01 AMthe new todd rundgren album called arena. bin a fan of todd since i was kneehigh to a grasshopper, is probably his fault i started writing songs. he has justed turned sixty and still has the vitality of a 16 year old. his new cd is just him and his guitar and protools, still a wizard a true star, but also a great guitarist highly under rated imho. heres one off the new cd.

This is a great track. Starts off a bit like 'Don't Fear the Reaper', then decides to go as mad as the title. He's an awesome songwriter, and you're right - he's REALLY underrated as a guitarist. One of the guitar mags (might have been 'Guitarist') recently ran a feature about his discovery of protools and how underrated his playing is. He's been playing in a new line up of The Cars I believe.

I've only got some of the old stuff, but this was a good taster for the new album.

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bro

Anything by Stevie Ray Vaughan, or umm... Look at little sister its called
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

BossMicroBRew

The Hourly Radio - Deaf Ears
The Hourly Radio - Crime Does Pay http://www.myspace.com/thehourlyradio
unfortunately these guys broke up recently; a powerful live band

Woodsongs Old-Time Radio Hour http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=212691051
pretty cool stuff...shown weekly nationwide in the US on 487 stations and PBS, online, and other TV broadcasts around the world
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

Greeny

'A Million Love Songs' - Take That. The downside of a free-for-all jukebox in my office  :D

Mr. Scar

Howard Stern interviewing Paul McCartney.

hewhoiscalledj

Sparta (an offshoot of At the Drive In)
A Wilhelm Scream
I am Ghost

SteveG

Bluesberry

I am having a major Rory Gallagher thing right now so I am listening to his albums a lot lately (because that is the way I do it, obsessive like).

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand