What are you listening to right now?

Started by guitarhead, January 30, 2008, 02:30:07 PM

Oldrottenhead

Quote from: cuthbert on February 13, 2017, 05:42:59 PMLately I've been indulging in some early Byrds and later-period Gene Clark solo stuff:

there was a great documentary about gene clark on BBC4 a while back, well worth seeking out.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

cuthbert

Quote from: Oldrottenhead on February 23, 2017, 03:56:08 AM
Quote from: cuthbert on February 13, 2017, 05:42:59 PMLately I've been indulging in some early Byrds and later-period Gene Clark solo stuff:

there was a great documentary about gene clark on BBC4 a while back, well worth seeking out.

Oooh - going to see if I can find that!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Boognish

I listen to internet radio or youtube videos at work all day, mostly classic rock with blues influences.
Freddie King, BB King, Otis Redding to Tom Petty, Dire Straits, The Cars, Queen, Pink Floyd, Bowie

On a side note, its really interesting to see the differences in musical tastes and familiarities from across the pond.
Okay to cover.

bruno

What with the passing of John Wetton, I've been on a bit of a binge - having got the UK albums on CD. Then I was reading about John, and the re-union of the original members of ASIA. Well I ordered XXX (recorded 2013), just curious to have a listen. Got the CD, and it wouldn't play on the mac, so went to the car to see if it played there. It did! BAM, complete magic, there it was, the first two ASIA albums - it needed all 4 of them to get back together. All the buttons that they pressed way back then, well they are pressing them again in spades.

Listened to the whole album in the car - and then went for a drive to listen to it again. Take it, that is very rare for me. Its been playing constantly since then. And as all proper ASIA, its great on first listen, and then get better and better and better. Well, this track is prophetic. It is a simply wonderful track .... if you loved ASIA 1 and 2 - take a listen.

The whole band is on fire, and Wetton's vocals - well what can I say....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU9G4axvc7w

Hope you enjoy as much as I am ...

B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Hilary

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

kenny mac

bruno

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann