What are you listening to right now?

Started by guitarhead, January 30, 2008, 02:30:07 PM

Oldrottenhead

the new album by british sea power do you like rock music? is awesome here is a link to them performing no lucifer on later with jools holland.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzxZtRxfVF0
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

OK....Here we go.

In my home system i have Brad Paisley "5th Gear" and in my car Dokken "Tooth and Nail".

Both are so completely opposite you may think that they were from different planets, but at the same time GREAT GUITAR PLAYERS

guitarron

agreed-some the players i've ever known were country pickers
not a lot of room for mistakes when you your playing clean

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

64Guitars

Be Bop Deluxe - Axe Victim

I bought this album 30 years ago. At the time, I thought it was okay but I wasn't really hooked on it. So I only listened to it a few times then filed it away. I've listened to it a few times since but I still wasn't hooked. But recently, I started listening to it again and now I love it! Every track on it is great.

I've found that these kinds of albums are often the best -- the ones that take a while to grow on you. If I'm really impressed with an album on first listen, chances are that I'll be sick of it in a few weeks. But albums like Axe Victim that take a while to grow on me seem to be the classics in my collection that I never get tired of listening to.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Pedro

Great stuff you guys listen, Be Bop Delux is a great find, reminds me Deep Purple. I agree with you, most of my prefered albums were failed first hearings. Perhaps for me the best example is Carlos Paredes, I started to listen to him when I was a kid mainly because my father listened to him but then it grew immensely on me and I was forced to get everything from him. Today I've probably listened close to everything that the man recorded while alive.

Right now I'm listening to Beethoven - Waldstein (Piano Sonata no. 21)

Oldrottenhead

i met bill nelson of be bop deluxe in im sure it was the early 80's but might have been the tail end of the seventies when he was doing the rounds with his band red noise (the album sound on sound was so ahead of its time and still sounds fresh today), great guitarist ,great person, and vastly underated musician,songwriter, composer etc but the best thing about him is he is continually experimenting.
he hates touring an album coz he wants to do new stuff and move on, so it makes it a bit hard for his fans and record companies lol.
but i'd rather see an artist perform for love/fun whatever than them going through the motions.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

SteveG

guitarron

jazz-any and all of it-relaxes me-i don't know who i'm even listening too

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper