Fried RC 20XL

Started by Mr. Scar, January 30, 2008, 12:28:21 AM

Mr. Scar

I accidentally plugged the wrong power supply into my Boss RC20XL Loop Station http://www.roland.com/products/en/RC-20XL/index.html . The unit no longer works at all. Does anyone have any experience with this kind of screw up? Do you think my RC20 can be repaired or is it a lost cause?

Thanks

Pedro

Oh man that's too bad. If you are lucky it is possible to repair the unit. First of all you should try to open it and see if it uses a fuse of some kind. If the fuse is fried, then current will not pass and the unit does not work. Take out the fuse, go to a electronics store and buy the same one. If you are lucky and there is nothing else damaged this could work.

A fuse is something like this:

Good luck!

Pedro

The fuse is usually close to the power source input.

Pedro

So how did this turn out Mr.Scar?

Mr. Scar

oh yeah, sorry....
I  opened it up. no fuse visible. I don't think there is one in there. Unless, it's very small and under the board, or somewhere.

I guess I'm going to have to send it to Boss in California.  It covered for parts but not labor.

Pedro

Oh, ok. Good luck with that

Mr. Scar

thanks, just hoping it doesn't cost too much to fix it. the thing is a lot of fun, probably the simplest and most fun way to lay down a multi track.