Posting frequency / How to get more comments

Started by 64Guitars, February 21, 2012, 02:45:15 PM

MrBud

Quote from: Gnasty on February 27, 2012, 04:24:18 AMI probably will delete those posts and there all just in fun.
Truthfully Tony is probably the most prime example ( to me)of why this site not only influences every type of musician being amateur, novice, or pro. In 2 years of basically just picking up the guitar and now playing on stage in a rock band is huge! That's why comments are important. They give one nothing but influence and confidence from one song post to the next!

MR BUD : I wholeheartedly agree,that this rather unique site-in that there's no advertisements-
And members truly put their heart into it,and truly listen to others music,all the while building confidence in the artist.
[And these remarks are not to appease...] but to elevate artist to try aiming higher--and they DO care.
A really unique site---- not mobbed with members,or special interests or commercials,,,this would be the kind of web site where musicians would open up,and produce above average results....I believe once word gets around more,,,it can only get better,,,to 64 guitars.   Thanks  MR Bud
Up And Adam

Gary Carciello

Couple of thoughts, after reading this thread. Dman has good points, i have same experience.
But this is difficult thing overall, people are sensitive and music is quite personal thing.
That's why i have one friend, who is professional musician and hobby producer who gives me honest and raw feedback.

We send songs and raw demo ideas each other weekly and it has been going on, almost ten years. We both have get better all the time with a help of this system, but sometimes it still feels really bad to get bad reviews from him...it tell's something how difficult this "constructive feedback" - thing is.

I always give advise to my producer friends to get small and reliable bunch of listeners who gives you honest raw feedback(kind of first stage feedback), before you release anything public. My producer friend has opinion about"this is perfect, awesome!" - kind of reviews. "Feels good, but also useless, if you want to get better musician and producer".

Anyway, i think that overall, it is better to give only good feedback here.
"Life is too short for bad sound"

Oldrottenhead

i must be down to under a song a week these days, i need a good kick up the arse.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Flash Harry

I think I'm down to a song a year or less.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

64Guitars

Quote from: Oldrottenhead on March 15, 2016, 05:46:03 PMi must be down to under a song a week these days, i need a good kick up the arse.

This is the 12th week of the year and you've posted 25 songs so far this year, so that's about 2.1 songs per week or 9.3 songs per month.

Note: 2007 and 2016 are partial years so the averages for those two years in the table below are wrong.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

64Guitars

Quote from: Flash Harry on March 21, 2016, 04:01:56 PMI think I'm down to a song a year or less.

10 songs in 2015 isn't bad. And it's still early days for 2016.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

bruno

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Geir

Quote from: Flash Harry on March 21, 2016, 04:01:56 PMI think I'm down to a song a year or less.
I can't believe I've joined that club  :-[
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

danthecoat

Just found this thread and read the comments and i can see where 64 Guitars is coming from even though i joined and almost immediately started throwing up remasters of songs that are nearly 30 years old :(

Apologies as i didn't give it much thought but can understand that if everyone threw up their back catalogue from yesteryear it would swamp the new creative energy and this site has really got my creative juices flowing especially with the collaborations. So i am to make a mental note to leave the past in the past and push forward with my new songs.

I am going to re record my old songs as they never got the airing they deserved with what happened back then but ive been saying that for nigh on a year now and new stuff keeps taking over and in 10 months ive managed to re record.......................... none of them (lol)

Greeny

Remember that WE don't know which are new ones and which ones are old ones  ;)

Quote from: danthecoat on May 28, 2020, 02:14:29 AMJust found this thread and read the comments and i can see where 64 Guitars is coming from even though i joined and almost immediately started throwing up remasters of songs that are nearly 30 years old :(

Apologies as i didn't give it much thought but can understand that if everyone threw up their back catalogue from yesteryear it would swamp the new creative energy and this site has really got my creative juices flowing especially with the collaborations. So i am to make a mental note to leave the past in the past and push forward with my new songs.

I am going to re record my old songs as they never got the airing they deserved with what happened back then but ive been saying that for nigh on a year now and new stuff keeps taking over and in 10 months ive managed to re record.......................... none of them (lol)