Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

bruno

Quote from: Hook on February 25, 2012, 07:15:57 PMKeeping in strings for me with work  runs $30 to $60 a week depending on the season

Crumbs, that really puts me to shame - I don't change my strings for months (in some cases years - or until they break which ever is sooner)! I haven't even changed the strings on the PRS, which was second hand and had old strings on that when I bought it, and I've had that for at least six months. A trip to the music store is in order! I am embarrassed!

recorder
Boss BR-1600

64Guitars

Quote from: bruno on February 27, 2012, 01:07:18 PMCrumbs, that really puts me to shame - I don't change my strings for months (in some cases years - or until they break which ever is sooner)! I haven't even changed the strings on the PRS, which was second hand and had old strings on that when I bought it, and I've had that for at least six months. A trip to the music store is in order! I am embarrassed!

I'm the same. I usually only change them when they break. You might find the following topic and poll interesting:

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=13436.0

I was surprised that many of our members change their strings quite often.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

bruno

@64Guitars - Nope, nope, no way - I can't accept that, they are lying to hide their shame :-)

recorder
Boss BR-1600

phantasm777

i keep them onlong as i can, as long as they aren;t growing thicker from debris :P. but if i break one, i figure best to start with a whole new set. far as bass, i only use flat wound, i dont like the trebliness of wirewound. thats why my bass sounds so bomming, that and the SG bass, my second fav bass next to a rick.

Gnasty

Quote from: Flash Harry on February 27, 2012, 05:58:57 AMWe do not take any form of support from Roland and would not want to. We're not in their pockets and although I own some Roland kit, I bought this anonymously from my local music stores.  Roland are aware of the site and to my knowledge have never tried to exert any influence over what we do. Certainly I have had no contact with any person representing Roland relating to this site.

Yes that`s what i meant to post after, and was hoping will stay the same.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

phantasm777

was wondering  ... it's not looked upon too kindly here to post music of bands you were in, in the past. what about current? if you're in a band now, can you post songs from that here? personally i'd rather hear the individual artists or collabs from here.

64Guitars

Quote from: phantasm777 on March 13, 2012, 08:08:39 PMwas wondering  ... it's not looked upon too kindly here to post music of bands you were in, in the past. what about current? if you're in a band now, can you post songs from that here?

Yes. New recordings of current bands are welcome. However, we'd prefer that the band members were all members of Songcrafters. This site is for music created by our members, not their friends and associates. I realize that a few of our members occasionally post recordings of their bands and those bands may contain members who are not members of Songcrafters. That's okay. I'm not trying to put an end to that. I just think we should discouarge other bands from coming here and posting their music without becoming active members of Songcrafters.

One type of band that will always be welcome and encouraged here is virtual bands like Jemima's Kite and Stepping Stone which were formed here by our members. These members collaborate on a more permanent and formal basis and record using the multitrack capabilities of their BR recorders. I think it's cool that people can meet here online, form a virtual band, and record several albums together without necessarily ever meeting in person.

Quotepersonally i'd rather hear the individual artists or collabs from here.

Personally, I agree with you. As I said above, Songcrafters is for recordings by our members, not their friends and associates. So I'd rather hear what our members are recording themselves. Also, most of the band recordings that have been posted here are live recordings. I've never cared much for live recordings, even of commercial artists. The few live albums in my record collection are among my least favourite albums. Songcrafters has always been about multitrack recording, especially the Boss BR series. I'd prefer to hear what people have created using those multitrack capabilities rather than a simple live stereo recording (you don't need a multitrack recorder for that).

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

henwrench

Quote from: 64Guitars on March 14, 2012, 08:53:17 AMI think it's cool that people can meet here online, form a virtual band, and record several albums together without necessarily ever meeting in person.

I know, it's mind blowing isn't it!!!! HA!! Incredible, the first time you collab is a real 21st century thrill.

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

the world is getting smaller but i widnae like tae paint it
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann