Picasso Rock Opera SNEAK-PREVIEW!

Started by FuzzFace, April 06, 2011, 02:24:52 PM

FuzzFace

Announcing a Sneak-Peak of the first Songcrafters Rock Opera...

Suffering Machines
Inspired by the paintings of Pablo Picasso

This album is yet a work in progress,
so it's being released in it's current state
only on the Songcrafters web site.

Here is a link to the JukeBox:
https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?action=festival;sa=SuffMach

Here is a link to the Lyrics and Stageplay:
https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=8788.0

Thanks to 64Guitars for suggesting this idea and administering the site, to Ferryman for organizing the initiative, to all the participants who contributed utterly astounding work, and to all the Songcrafters community for the supportive comments and encouragement.

Updates will continue, and another announcement will follow once the album is complete and launched externally.

Enjoy!

Trevor Lewis aka FuzzFace

henwrench

I purposely held off listening to a lot of the songs, waiting for this day to come. I'm only 3 tracks in, but I tell you what chaps, this is sounding and flowing brilliant..... Woo-hoo!!!!!

henwrench

on a much minor note, my own humble contribution was very much a collab with cuthbert, and it's 'henwrench', with a lowercase 'h'. As in not 'H'. Thanks!!
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

Quote from: henwrench on April 06, 2011, 02:41:17 PMon a much minor note, my own humble contribution was very much a collab with cuthbert, and it's 'henwrench', with a lowercase 'h'. As in not 'H'. Thanks!!

Apologies to cuthbert for the oversight. I've fixed it in the jukebox and here. If there's anywhere else, let me or FuzzFace know.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Bluesberry

Full of beauty and wonder gents.......take a bow everybody, take a bow Trevor for the incredible lyrics.  It has been a highlight of my short life-span as a musician and songwriter to have been part of this monsterous, wonderful, beautiful project.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

what a braw listen as a total tHing.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

launched

Yes, my user name has no capital letters in it, either!

Also, although the contribution I made was paltry it is not the finished product. I sent my tracks to a Songrafters member, but apparently that was overlooked.

I have another post on Alonetone that would more accurately represent what could have been done with my song. Although it still has lots of problems, at this point that is what I would like to be included in the project:

Time:
0:00
Volume:

Thanks, and I love the jukebox - It sounds great!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

FuzzFace

Ok cool... I knew there were some outstanding items... this is the chance to tie up the loose ends.

Thanks... this mix is better, and I also love the ends.

Facemask93

Would it be possible to say Feat Tony Jones on our song , because his contribution was massive

Thanks

Rob& AK

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

FuzzFace

Hi Rob... 

64 has taken care of this.

Thanks for mentioning it!

These are the kinds of details we need to sort out at this stage.

Facemask93

I have to say i am gobsmacked after sitting and listening to the  album as a whole , it is truly wonderful , so well done everyone , and a special thanks to Trevor , for making it possible with his amazing lyrics and the total effort involved in seeing all through to the end

Rob & AK

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper