Satchwood's "Once In a Dream" (sad love song)

Started by Satchwood, January 23, 2011, 03:07:37 PM

Gnasty

Satchmo...this is quite dark and mysterious indeed. I love this..very different.

You sure have your own style my friend!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Greeny

Very different, but delivered with the usual incredible skill and talent. I can feel a growing songwriting confidence to match your musical mastery coming on. This feels a bit 60's... kinda Blue Oyster Cult(ish). Fine work.

Ferryman

Like everyone else, I like the different approach here Tommy, lovely layers of guitars that create a great dreamy effect and feeling. Very well put together because the focus is the song and the lyrics. You are a man of many and varied talents, gtreat to hear them so well displayed here.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

henwrench

Truly epic!! Must've took some putting together, this one. Yes, very different for Satchwood Productions, Inc. The chorus has an almost Neil Young feel to it. Great stuff, Tommy!!

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Donna D

Very nice, Terry.  I really like the layered effects.  :)

Donna
Honour the earth. Without it, we'd be nowhere.

Life is too important to take seriously.

Tangled Wires

Always love hearing your vocal Tommy, and this is one of your finest.

Loving the whole feel of this song, its kind of laid back but still has that epic production sound that we come to expect from you.

The song is perfectly put together and has some great hooks, its really gets stuck inside your head after a couple of listens.

Fantastic stuff!!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

i thought i already commented on this.

magic tommy.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Satchwood

Thank you all for the wonderful comments!!  Music is such wonderful way to express ones thoughts and emotions.   I'm heading to San Francisco lol
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

danieldesete

Everything is very subtle and cleverly masterered here. Good job once again.
hou hou ha ha

hardlock

Classic rock arrangement - my kind of music!  Love it!   8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure