Past Festivals

• RockFest
  • woodstock
  • NeilFest
  • BluesFest

Recurring

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Boss Micro BR SD Card 1GB  (Read 3131 times)
gerry.rayner
« on: March 12, 2010, 03:19:37 am »

Hi,
Anyone know if there is a way you can use a 4GB SD CARD.
cuthbert
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 05:43:28 am »

You may be able to use the card - but the MicroBR will only ever see 1 GB of it. Limitation of the file system it uses.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase
64Guitars
Administrator
Legend
Veteran Member

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 09:11:29 pm »

I don't know if a 4GB card will work, but it's interesting that Roland now officially lists three 2GB cards in their compatibility chart (Google-translated from a japanese page). Of course, as cuthbert pointed out, the Micro BR can only address 1GB of memory, regardless of how big the card is.

Be aware that many 4GB cards are actually SDHC rather than SD, and I doubt that SDHC will work in a Micro BR. So, if you're going to try a 4GB card, make sure it's the older SD type rather than SDHC.

recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity

Links:

oldrottenhead
Administrator
Legend
Veteran Member

Im on a whiskey diet. Ive lost 3 days already

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 01:19:21 am »

i've been using 4gb cards for ages, unbranded generic cards from my local pc components store, getting 1gb cards is proving harder all the time, in fact i've had my micro br for over two years and in that time, the pc store i use has never stocked cards that small.the 4gb card cost £5 uk sterling or there abouts so cheap as chips but most importantly they work.

[image]whit goes oan in ma heid

'I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair Tigers

Higgins-
Sickler
Dmann

I'm not a Fish, I'm a Man. Hook... In... Mouth.

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 02:46:18 pm »

i've been using 4gb cards for ages, unbranded generic cards from my local pc components store, getting 1gb cards is proving harder all the time, in fact i've had my micro br for over two years and in that time, the pc store i use has never stocked cards that small.the 4gb card cost £5 uk sterling or there abouts so cheap as chips but most importantly they work.

Yes and whats sad is that the stores that do stock 1GB cards sell them for 2x or 3x the price of a 4GB card now a days Sad
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: